World gone mad!

• Thread starter Deleted member 28
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Regular
It seems vanishingly unlikely you won't have read it already, but if you haven't you're in for a treat.

View attachment 1647

Another great book for that "they're all bloody mad" (and mostly off their t!ts) vibe
Screenshot_20220717-102144_Samsung Internet.jpg

mudsticks

Squire
I would imagine, so far as I can tell it's woke, which is why, I'd imagine, they're all distancing themselves from it, and looking to row back on the net zero pledges to gain votes.

View: https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1548574734882787329?t=8ro7XSG2zAnzMDgZyvJi0Q&s=19

It's such a niche, and elitist aspiration isn't it??

Wanting to leave a livable planet for future generations... 🙄

Mugshot

Über Member
It's such a niche, and elitist aspiration isn't it??

Wanting to leave a livable planet for future generations... 🙄

Yes, it's a simple enough formula that's worked for them before.
Nary a mention of the NHS, Ukraine or climate change, except what they're not going to do, by the candidates. Meanwhile get people bent out of shape about something else, this time LGBT, culture wars, woke...
Get enough people looking the other way.
Keep taking the money 👍

And we end up with this bloke electing the PM.

View: https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1548540815416315905?t=FiH1_CzIU9mROAf9oj_RBQ&s=19

Mugshot

Über Member
Is that the chapter that comes over all hissy fit at the very slight renaming of a childrens biscuits..??

I guess, and the same ones that are telling people to keep calm and carry on, invoke the blitz spirit, it's only a bit of sun and calling anyone concerned about life threatening, record breaking temperatures snowflakes, that have a meltdown if they see people in a dinghy?

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
I'm no racing cyclist, but my go to boost is usually a combo of Brazil nuts and dates..
Easily digestible mix of carbs and fats.

I tried one of those gels one time..🤢

I love a malteser as much as any sane person does, but they melt in any kind of heat - or else just mysteriously disappear all in one go. 😇

If I'm still biking at 80 I might consider going down the 'sophisticated continental' alcohol and amphetamines route.

Way to go >>>>>>

Let me guess , he's also a climate change denier / diminisher ..🙄

Speaking of extreme weather events .

Better get out on bicyclette now before it gets unbearable.
Don't want to fall behind on the training schedule .
Hayes is the chairman of the Common Sense Group. I heard him arguing that unheard of temperatures here in the UK were normal.

All uphill

Yes, it's a simple enough formula that's worked for them before.
Nary a mention of the NHS, Ukraine or climate change, except what they're not going to do, by the candidates. Meanwhile get people bent out of shape about something else, this time LGBT, culture wars, woke...
Get enough people looking the other way.
Keep taking the money 👍

And we end up with this bloke electing the PM.

View: https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1548540815416315905?t=FiH1_CzIU9mROAf9oj_RBQ&s=19

The NI Protocol seems to have convconveniently disappeared too. Funny that.

Julia9054

Regular
In fact I haven't. I shall add to the lengthening list.

Just downloaded it for my holidays. I haven't read it either

mudsticks

Squire
Just downloaded it for my holidays. I haven't read it either

All this talk of biking book recommends reminds me I never quite finished this .

It's a good read , Kate seems to share my strange predilection for slowly, but cheerfully, grinding up endless long hills in the name of 'having fun on holiday'

PXL_20220717_122131124~2.jpg

mudsticks

Squire
Ooh. Will check this one out.
And as a biology teacher, I do love a good carbon cycle!

Give me a week or so, and I can send it to you..

It was second hand to me and has 'been about it' so it comes with its own special patina..

All very good for the biome - I'm sure - both internal and external 😇🦠🌱🌈

Julia9054

Regular
Give me a week or so, and I can send it to you..

It was second hand to me and has 'been about it' so it comes with its own special patina..

All very good for the biome - I'm sure - both internal and external 😇🦠🌱🌈

Thank you for the offer but I am about to go off on holiday bumming round Europe on trains for a month. As I am living out of a slightly too small rucksack, all me books need to be on Kindle.

mudsticks

Squire
Thank you for the offer but I am about to go off on holiday bumming round Europe on trains for a month. As I am living out of a slightly too small rucksack, all me books need to be on Kindle.

Ooh, sounds great..

With an interrailing ticket??

Any particular route?
Or just follow your nose, and the whim of the day..,??

Totes understand the weight thing though .
I've got a kindle which I still 'sometimes' take on bike trips, but I consider it too heavy for hiking, plus not always easy to keep it charged up, in the middle of nowhere..

Even with a solar panel, and battery pack.

I've got a mountainous European trip (six weeks!!) coming up, scarily soon..

Starting with a nice train ride..😊

I might take a slimmish paperback, but once I've disposed of that it might be writing, rather than reading a book..🤔

Every ounce counts when you've got to carry it up and down hills, on your back, all the hot day long..

Julia9054

Regular
Ooh, sounds great..

With an interrailing ticket??

Any particular route?
Or just follow your nose, and the whim of the day..,??

Totes understand the weight thing though .
I've got a kindle which I still 'sometimes' take on bike trips, but I consider it too heavy for hiking, plus not always easy to keep it charged up, in the middle of nowhere..

Even with a solar panel, and battery pack.

I've got a mountainous European trip (six weeks!!) coming up, scarily soon..

Starting with a nice train ride..😊

I might take a slimmish paperback, but once I've disposed of that it might be writing, rather than reading a book..🤔

Every ounce counts when you've got to carry it up and down hills, on your back, all the hot day long..

Yep. Middle aged interrailing. Like normal interrailing but you can afford not to have to sleep on railway platforms.
Because I am limited to school holidays, following one's nose is unwise.
We are heading out from home on Saturday morning. Eurostar to Brussels then to Gent, across Germany (Trier, Lake Konstanz, Munich) then to Bolzano where we are hut to hut walking in the Dolomites, Innsbruck and then sleeper train to Brussels.
I am beyond excited!

Top Bottom