World gone mad!

• Thread starter Deleted member 28
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Manhole, offended or happy with it?

Academic, really. They changed their name to Tura Satana in the mid 90s.

Ian H

Guru
Losing it now are we?

What about it?

How about 'Manhole ' as in the covers, should they be renamed in your opinion for example?
Inspection covers/lids would seem to suffice. More accurately descriptive & appears to be the usual term nowadays.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Cool story bro.

You really have no understanding of how 'cool story bro' is used do you?

Just to help you out...... it was not a true story but a sarcastic piss-take of another poster's comment. I thought nobody would have been dull enough not have seen that, but I was obviously wrong.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 28

You really have no understanding of how 'cool story bro' is used do you?

Just to help you out...... it was not a true story but a sarcastic piss-take of another poster's comment. I thought nobody would have been dull enough not have seen that, but I was obviously wrong.

My mistake, you're generally so boring I assumed you were serious.

Apologies.

Julia9054

Regular
John Hayes, Tory MP obvs, thinks giving advice to people so they don't die in extreme heat is woke.
Hayes, a Brexiter, thinks we've had enough of experts, and listening to them makes you a snowflake.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/people-fretting-over-heatwave-snowflakes-24507198

I’d bet a month’s salary his office has aircon

mudsticks

Squire
In the days before gells, they were one of a series of cyclists' magic foods,since supplanted by jelly babies, and preceded by maltesers, and lumps of cheese, amongst other things (I'm talking of the British testing & racing scene, not continental cycling which went from alcohol & amphetamines to more sophisticated medication).

I'm no racing cyclist, but my go to boost is usually a combo of Brazil nuts and dates..
Easily digestible mix of carbs and fats.

I tried one of those gels one time..🤢

I love a malteser as much as any sane person does, but they melt in any kind of heat - or else just mysteriously disappear all in one go. 😇

If I'm still biking at 80 I might consider going down the 'sophisticated continental' alcohol and amphetamines route.

Way to go >>>>>>

John Hayes, Tory MP obvs, thinks giving advice to people so they don't die in extreme heat is woke.
Hayes, a Brexiter, thinks we've had enough of experts, and listening to them makes you a snowflake.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/people-fretting-over-heatwave-snowflakes-24507198

Let me guess , he's also a climate change denier / diminisher ..🙄

Speaking of extreme weather events .

Better get out on bicyclette now before it gets unbearable.
Don't want to fall behind on the training schedule .

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
In the days before gells, they were one of a series of cyclists' magic foods,since supplanted by jelly babies, and preceded by maltesers, and lumps of cheese, amongst other things (I'm talking of the British testing & racing scene, not continental cycling which went from alcohol & amphetamines to more sophisticated medication).

It seems vanishingly unlikely you won't have read it already, but if you haven't you're in for a treat.

1658048958661.png

mudsticks

Squire
Yes, but not everyone wants to experience the vibe of the Wolverhampton branch of the KKK on this forum.

Is that the chapter that comes over all hissy fit at the very slight renaming of a childrens biscuits..??

And who appear to have an almost unquenchable obsession with 'man-holes'.?? 🤔

A bit tiresomely repetitive at times yes, but also has a quirky flavour of

'All us boy-friends together, agin the rest of the PC gawn mad world'

Kind of fun for the amateur social anthropologists among our number ..😇

Top Bottom