Why are RWNJs so bothered by bodies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Is an inkling a really small tattoo?

Exactly - like a tiny beetle in the crook of your elbow 🪲

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Is Melanie Phillips view statistically significant? Most RWNJs I encounter are covered in tattoos. Having left and right tattooed on their hands appears particularly popular, presumably as a reminder.

Ian H

Guru
Tattoo used to be edgy and rebellious, now most men in their 20's and 30's seem to have them. I know a few people who have had their ears repaired after wearing tubes in them and a couple who have started tattoo removal (very expensive). Wonder if things are moving away from all that now.
When I was young they were nearly all something indistinct in faded blue on forearms (male only) and meant ex-forces or just working class.

Badger_Boom

Based on Melanie Philips' premise it's been an awfully long existential crisis, what with humans tattooing themselves sometimes extensively for tens of thousands of years.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Not so much in the West though? And not in more recent times. Unless you were in the services. Tattooing and scarification are common in other cultures obviously, but the full sleeve tattoo or full back tattoo in the UK are a more recent phenomenon, I'd say.

I must admit I enjoy Tatto Fixers where some lad who got a badly done tattoo of a penis whilst drunk in Magaluf gets it covered with a large howling wolf or similar. You can certainly admire the artist if not the general idea of being tattooed. Shall we all get this one?

Beebo

Veteran
Not so much in the West though? And not in more recent times. Unless you were in the services. Tattooing and scarification are common in other cultures obviously, but the full sleeve tattoo or full back tattoo in the UK are a more recent phenomenon, I'd say.

I must admit I enjoy Tatto Fixers where some lad who got a badly done tattoo of a penis whilst drunk in Magaluf gets it covered with a large howling wolf or similar. You can certainly admire the artist if not the general idea of being tattooed. Shall we all get this one?
View attachment 787
Live and let live, but that’s not for me. My chest is too hairy anyway.
I hope he greased his nipples beforehand

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Tattoo Fixers is hilarious, because the fixes are generally awful.

Quite like the idea of the bike, but it's been badly done.

mudsticks

Squire
Tattoo Fixers is hilarious, because the fixes are generally awful.

Quite like the idea of the bike, but it's been badly done.

One of my colleagues has a really nice 'bike in action' done on her side ribs.

Loads nicer than the above imo.

But as someone else has said, 'each to their own'

Top Bottom