What Do We Think So Far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
The night is still young (How dare we sit quietly) So are we.

Ayo, drinks on you, or the drinks is on me? We ain't goin nowhere like tanks is on E. We still gettin money, what bank it's gone be?

Very kind of you. I will have whatever you are smoking/drinking/snorting thanks ;)

Very kind of you. I will have whatever you are smoking/drinking/snorting thanks ;)
Whatever it is, there will soon be a law against it…

Cirrus

No insults at all would be a bit dull though right.??

I do agree however, that we could very easily critique the quality of some of the insults :okay:
Some gentle micky taking always has a place, bantz if you will.... But some, goes a fair bit beyond, and says more about the people dishing it out than their targets.

matticus

Guru
Complete farking anarchy with more ad hominem than content. Strangely or not, it actually seems to be self regulating, once the novelty of no moderation being in place wore off people (most if not all ) seem to be at least trying.
I suppose the ad hominen %age could - in theory - be higher. It's a little depressing when you read 4-5 pages where there is almost nothing else.
But to be fair, there are also some threads that are more than half "content".

I guess we should be happy with "could have been worse ...". How British!

mudsticks

Squire
You are not the oracle on everything, or anything for that matter.

Lots of people disagree with you.

Get over it.

Calm down Cowboy 🤠
There are plenty other places I could go.

If I wanted everyone to agree with me..
But what would be the fun in that.??

You might just have to get over the fact that one or two people, do agree with me, just occasionally :rolleyes:

Honestly, its really not the end of the world, it's only an out post of a cycling forum, it's not

'The Real World ' :okay:

Mustn’t grumble.

And anyway, it will probably brighten up later :okay:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
This forum has been running for about three months now and I am disappointed in the way that it has developed. There is frequent criticism that it is left wing dominated, and I actually agree with this. My politics are probably best described as broadly left-leaning and I am disappointed in the forum in several areas :

1. That not enough right leaning people have joined to contriute their point of view to the discussions. I am not someone who criticises conservatives just for being conservative, in fact I am in favour of a broadly mixed economy and a strong private sector, and would welcome more people putting right wing views to counter the mainly left leaning posts, and broaden the discussion.
2. That those very few who do post are not exactly spending much effort in talking about political policies and actions, but instead prefer mainly to talk in general terms about "you lot", "stop whining", "moaning left-wingers" as if they are more interested in general slurs, or are unable to articulate the positives that they see under this government.
3. There is a growing tendency towards insults and put-downs, in both directions, and, to my personal disappointment, I have found myself getting drawn into them, partly as a response and partly out of frustration because there is so little of substance to respond to.
4. Criticism of the government, its institutions, morality, policies and actions is seen as "whining" whereas in fact it is vital for any democracy that people are able, in fact encouraged, to voice both their pleasure and displeasure in the way they are governed, and not just through the ballot box. What we do get in the forum is predominantly dissatisfaction when we need cogent arguments to counter that dissatisfaction.

As far as the forum is concerned, for me the jury is still out.

D

Deleted member 28

You are joking!

With reference's to the Government as scum and the hatred of Tory voters being rife amongst the regular posters you expect more to join in the debacle, there's even a post entitled Tory sleaze, you on drugs?

I come on here cos I couldn't give a $hit and don't mind a bit of 'insult ping pong" but if you genuinely think anyone would come on here and seriously discuss right wing politics with this lot you must be mad!

How many 'right wingers ' are on the main forum anyway, then for them to purposely seek this circus out is asking a lot.

All just my opinion of course.

Mugshot

Über Member
How many 'right wingers ' are on the main forum anyway, then for them to purposely seek this circus out is asking a lot.
Quite a few, generally found in the cafe, used to spend much of their time whining about the dark place and the usual suspects, after coming into the old NaCA, saying something utterly twatish and being told so, or getting banned, for being utterly twatish.
It's very doubtful they'll seek this circus out to make themselves look utterly twatish here too.

Top Bottom