USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

I'm not sure if that makes him better or worse.

Worse, much worse.

Beebo

Veteran
OMG. US elections are so looooong. At this rate, the mid-terms will be known just in time for the 2024 presidential election count to start.

It’s only long because it’s close.
No one would care about the run off if it was 45/55.

Beebo

Veteran
The Democrats have held the Senate, with the Georgia run off still to come.
If they win that then the will have actually increased their majority, which is almost unheard of in midterms.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Oh, Super. During the Trump presidency I thought - if only this was very much worse.

I saw the bit of his speech where is was going about "woke" and being "anti-woke". I find this woke narrative very useful. It easily identifies people who are total daffodils in a very time efficient manner.

The good thing about the 'war on woke' is that it's an argument readily dissembled by a little logic, the downside is that for the rabid right, logic and thinking is a quality in short supply. It's much like the Republicans clarion call for 'liberty and freedom', which can be demonstrated to be nothing if the sort. Their freedom is that of the Christian right, a Republican powerbase of scared backward looking white people. Their freedom means the ability to lynch black people and to decide what you can and you can't do with your bodies or who you can and can't have relationships with.
Being woke is the antithesis of republican Christian right small-minded middle American views, views that America is slowly rejecting. Screaming-out against the woke is the last stand of failed thinking. It must be challenged at every cry....

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Which is a very scary thought....

Not necessarily.

Trump with brains would not have gone down the route that Trump without them did.

I don't get this UK horror over whichever Republican politician will stand for the presidency. Republicans have always been the same, with a very occasional move to being very slightly less right wing, and the US keeps voting them in. Whichever one gets the nod will be much more right wing than we are used to in this country. Just live with it, we always have, and have no influence on it at all.

All uphill

Not necessarily.

Trump with brains would not have gone down the route that Trump without them did.

I don't get this UK horror over whichever Republican politician will stand for the presidency. Republicans have always been the same, with a very occasional move to being very slightly less right wing, and the US keeps voting them in. Whichever one gets the nod will be much more right wing than we are used to in this country. Just live with it, we always have, and have no influence on it at all.

You OK @Rusty Nails ?

Sounding a wee bit like @shep there for a moment:laugh:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
You OK @Rusty Nails ?

Sounding a wee bit like @shep there for a moment:laugh:

Oh no, things are worse than I thought.

ahhh-argh.gif

Top Bottom