UK set to criminalise illicit refugee crossings....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

And that's exactly what you don't do , if you claim asylum.

You claim asylum, and then your claim is 'processed' through a long and laborious process, as outlined by Aurora above..

If your claim is (eventually) allowed you are given leave to stay.

And only then are you allowed to work and support yourself.

There wouldn't be nearly so much 'strain' on resources if the system was better managed.

As it is conditions in which asylum seekers are kept is not palatial - whatever your mates down the pub might say - it's pretty grim , but possibly better than the areas of conflict and persecution from which they've escaped.

Ever considered doing some research before 'forming an opinion'??
How about the ones smuggled in by traffickers, do they seek asylum?

No they disappear if they can, and yes I do know they are desperate etc.

Someone asked me what I think and I've told you so unless you want to prove me right that unless you either agree with the rest of you on here or change your opinion following a lengthy, pointless argument where you accuse me of trolling you have my answer.

mudsticks

Squire
How about the ones smuggled in by traffickers, do they seek asylum?

No they disappear if they can, and yes I do know they are desperate etc.

Someone asked me what I think and I've told you so unless you want to prove me right that unless you either agree with the rest of you on here or change your opinion following a lengthy, pointless argument where you accuse me of trolling you have my answer.
Many will claim asylum yes, that's their only way of doing that at the moment.

There are very few legitimate routes for asylum seekers atm.
That's why people are arriving in small boats .

I can't decipher your second paragraph completely but you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about 'being accused of trolling'

Youve stated loads of times that you're not really interested in what anyone else here has to say, and that you're only here for the 'wind up'-.

That's pretty much the exact definition of trolling, or being a troll.

You self define as a troll.
You do trolling.

Then you whinge about being called a troll.

It's a bit like me moaning because someone has called me a farmer.

When I've stated that's what I am.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Many will claim asylum yes, that's their only way of doing that at the moment.

There are very few legitimate routes for asylum seekers atm.
That's why people are arriving in small boats .

I can't decipher your second paragraph completely but you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about 'being accused of trolling'

Youve stated loads of times that you're not really interested in what anyone else here has to say, and that you're only here for the 'wind up'-.

That's pretty much the exact definition of trolling, or being a troll.

You self define as a troll.
You do trolling.

Then you whinge about being called a troll.

It's a bit like me moaning because someone has called me a farmer.

When I've stated that's what I am.
I'd suggest the overwhelming majority immediately seek asylum as soon as they can. Those arriving by boat here in Kent are happy to sit and wait for the authorities to arrive.
It beggars belief, but they seem to want to come here and work, contribute and build a life for themselves and their families...legally.
Efficacious processing would benefit all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

@shep So if these people just 'disappear', in what way do they become a 'strain on our resources'? How are 'we' supporting them if they have become insvisible, undetectable & untraceable?
You telling me they never need medical care or end up in prison awaiting deportation for years?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
You telling me they never need medical care or end up in prison awaiting deportation for years?
Re-reading my post, I think I asked a question, rather than 'telling' you anything.

I have no idea how people who fall through the cracks in the system - anyone, not just your imaginary illegal immigrants - cope if they need medical attention. I imagine most just suffer.

As far as your other example's concerned, as far as I've been able to work out, it's 'you lot' who advocate the rounding up, incarceration and deportation of illegal immigrants. So isn't however much that costs money well spent? Or would sinking their dinghies and watching them drown represent better VFM?

Salty seadog

Steady with such accusations there SSD :rolleyes:

'aware' is a thing that comes dangerously close to 'woke'.

I'm just so confused as into which box I belong. Aware, woke or soon to be asleep as I'm up early?

I'm toying with the idea of dabbling with xenophobia, see where that leads.:becool:

mudsticks

Squire
I'm just so confused as into which box I belong. Aware, woke or soon to be asleep as I'm up early?

I'm toying with the idea of dabbling with xenophobia, see where that leads.:becool:

You do you Salty..

Whatever it takes.:okay:

I'm definitely more of a glockenspiel kind of a gal', but don't let that sway you :rolleyes:

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
It's phraseology rather than a factual comment, surely you're not that literal?
So you don't want to talk about how refugees and asylum seekers are draining the economy by forcing us to lock them up and send them back to conflict zones, then? That's a shame. 🙄

icowden

Legendary Member
So we are back to the trope that all asylum seekers are criminals who thought the best way to a quick buck was to spend their families savings to travel half way across the world with nothing but the clothes on their back via a route fraught with danger and death because they could somehow live like a king in the UK?

https://www.icmc.net/2020/07/14/refugees-good-or-bad-for-economy/#

In case you don't want to read the above, the answer is "good". The reason being that people who have taken extreme risks to get somewhere *really* want to succeed in that country and work bloody hard to do so. They don't (surprise!) want to sit on their backsides on the street claiming £76 a week in universal credit.

The one thing we *could* do that would really really help is process claims a lot more quickly so that we don't have people sitting around in camps or hostels being given food bank tokens to survive for a year when they could be getting jobs and therefore paying tax and using their income to boost the economy.

mudsticks

Squire
Not really but you seem to keep repeating yourself over and over again even though I've explained my views on the matter.
Yes really .

So your views haven't changed , despite having being supplied with many new facts about asylum seekers which you clearly didn't know about before.

That's deliberate ignorance, and is why, alongside the unecessary insults, many people can't be bothered to engage with you / put you on ignore.

You're a 'victim' of your own behaviour.

So we are back to the trope that all asylum seekers are criminals who thought the best way to a quick buck was to spend their families savings to travel half way across the world with nothing but the clothes on their back via a route fraught with danger and death because they could somehow live like a king in the UK?

https://www.icmc.net/2020/07/14/refugees-good-or-bad-for-economy/#

In case you don't want to read the above, the answer is "good". The reason being that people who have taken extreme risks to get somewhere *really* want to succeed in that country and work bloody hard to do so. They don't (surprise!) want to sit on their backsides on the street claiming £76 a week in universal credit.

The one thing we *could* do that would really really help is process claims a lot more quickly so that we don't have people sitting around in camps or hostels being given food bank tokens to survive for a year when they could be getting jobs and therefore paying tax and using their income to boost the economy.

Yebbut that doesn't fit with the punching down tabloid narrative of 'benefit scrounging' 'so called refugees' who are a drain on our resources.

The mindset is fixed, whatever you say.

Top Bottom