Twitter under Musk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
While 120k / year may sound a lot, the reality is that these tech companies are based in some of the most expensive places to live in the world. The cheapest rents in even the seediest parts of Silicon Valley top 4k per month, for instance. That generous pay packet is very rapidly eroded by living costs.

I also note that Twitter were paying that before Musk started demanding 80 hour weeks from his employees. He is in fact demanding a very large pay cut. Consider that 80 work hours constitutes close to 75% of most peoples' waking hours - and that isn't factoring in commute times, which for most is likely to be long. How long do you think most will be able to stand this pace before damaging their mental and/or physical health... or worse? 120k to destroy your health hardily seems like an equitable deal to me.

Finally, how good a job do you think a moderator working those sort of hours will be able to do? Twitter already couldn't cope with its moderation requirements - in that context a 15% cut in moderator numbers is unlikely to improve matters.

Why would Twitter moderators (for example), need to commute, or, even live anywhere near Twitter Headquarters? Twitter is an online Company, can't the moderating be done from home, or, indeed, almost anywhere?

Ian H

Guru
Why would Twitter moderators (for example), need to commute, or, even live anywhere near Twitter Headquarters? Twitter is an online Company, can't the moderating be done from home, or, indeed, almost anywhere?

That is a question that you might ask Musk.

Reactions: C R

Beebo

Veteran
I know he is on the autism spectrum, so lacks empathy, but he has to realise the difference between an employee and an employer And the fact most people don’t dedicate their entire life to work.

He’s a dangerous micro manager. His HR team are clearly petrified of him as otherwise they would be telling him to stop this nonsense.

Reactions: C R

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Perhaps everyone should boycott it then?

There is a migration happening now, mostly because people suspect Lone Skum of trying to destroy it but some are migrating on principle. Twitter accounts are opening on Mastodon but, in order to get the benefits of being on Twitter, people are running parallel accounts and notifying people of their new addresses.

Ian H

Guru
Perhaps everyone should boycott it then?

Go on then. You start ;)

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
People bought the Daily Sport for its fun apsect. The same can be said for The Star and Daily Express.

I think going daily was perhaps taking it a bit too far but the Sunday Sport was fun.

Top Bottom