These Covid Polices Are Going Well .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
My club mate Pete is a senior A&E nurse. A guy came in with Covid. It was a friend of 40 years. He later died despite having 4 jabs.

Which means that...?

stowie

My club mate Pete is a senior A&E nurse. A guy came in with Covid. It was a friend of 40 years. He later died despite having 4 jabs.

Sorry to hear about that. Obviously, the vaccine doesn't prevent all serious illness or death through COVID. But it has been proven to be very effective at reducing the number of these cases.

Incidentally, this MEP tweet is all over twitter with the "COVID sceptics". Even Piers Morgan has apologised for advocating mandated vaccines. Either a lot of people are interpreting his tweet in a misleading way, or I am missing some study or something.

I actually think it is the former, since no tweet is citing anything other than that single question. I think it shows that the truth is still putting on its pants whilst BS is running around the world.

stowie

BTW, simply searching "COVID vaccine" on twitter brings you down a rabbit-hole of absolute conspiracy BS. Incredible.

lazybloke

Regular
Lots of people rejecting the latest booster through "fear" of side effects.
Fear is in quotation marks, because although some people have legitimate medical concerns, most such opinions I've heard seem to just treat covid as a joke, not a concern. Why would I need a jab?

With a significant birthday this week, a friend has organised a celebratory trip with friends to Spain.
Except she's not vaccinated/boosted, so unless she produces a negative test today she'll be stuck in the UK.
Everyone else in the group is vaccinated and boosted, so they can just wave their vaccination QR code.

Reactions: mjr

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
@Milzy don't just put up a shocked face, tell us more.

How old was the now dead person?
What were they admitted with?
What were they admitted for?
What comorbidities did they have?
Was it an acute illness?
How did the patient present?
Were they on ITU?
What medication were they on?
When was the 4th vaccination?

I know of a lady, late 60s, 4 vaccines, died with a positive test. However she died because she never recovered from the stroke she had, not from Covid, and the 4 vaccine thing is a total red herring.

Or are you just trying to tell us that you think the vaccine doesn't work and we shouldn't have one? I have had number 4 two weeks ago by the way. All good.

stowie

The original tweet from the MEP now has over 180K likes, over 100k retweets and over 20k replies.

I give you an example, which on cursory glance is not an untypical reply

From an account that is pushing some kind of Bitcoin "scheme".

Milzy

Was it an acute illness?
Were they on ITU?

I know of a lady, late 60s, 4 vaccines, died with a positive test. However she died because she never recovered from the stroke she had, not from Covid, and the 4 vaccine thing is a total red herring.

Or are you just trying to tell us that you think the vaccine doesn't work and we shouldn't have one? I have had number 4 two weeks ago by the way. All good.

I don’t have access to his records but he was early 60’s. Only slightly over bmi. Non smoker, sensible units of alcohol a week. Mild walking exercise. No serious illness besides c19. Last jab around May.
Many people believe you need at least 22,000 vaccinated to prevent 1 serious hospitalisation. That’s worth it though, a life is a life.

albion

Veteran
That is the thing. The older you get the weaker your immune system becomes. Fitness compensates a heck of a lot.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I don’t have access to his records but he was early 60’s. Only slightly over bmi. Non smoker, sensible units of alcohol a week. Mild walking exercise. No serious illness besides c19. Last jab around May.
Many people believe you need at least 22,000 vaccinated to prevent 1 serious hospitalisation. That’s worth it though, a life is a life.

So what was the point of mentioning someone who your mate knew, but whose BMI, exercise regime, smoking and drinking habits and medical history you now seem to know if it wasn't to suggest that you think the vaccine was in some way involved?

Was it an acute illness?
Were they on ITU?

That was my thought as well. Did that person have any underlying conditions eg. Type 2 Diabetes, obesity, cancer, heart issues etc.

I'm getting my fourth in a few weeks.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
That was my thought as well. Did that person have any underlying conditions eg. Type 2 Diabetes, obesity, cancer, heart issues etc.

I'm getting my fourth in a few weeks.
Good luck with it, hope you don't feel too rotten :okay:

We have to begin to accept that regular vaccinations will be a thing for a while. No big deal, we get regular vaccines/boosters for lots of things, Covid will eventually become one of those things, actually it probably is already.

Top Bottom