The UK political parties - what's going on?? thread.

Rusty Nails

Oh yes he is!
Here is yet another Jewish voice on the subject
https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/another-day-another-purge-jay-kramers-expulsion/
There are many more. Nothing to do with membership of proscribed groups.
Without seeing the reasons given for expulsion that does seem tough for someone who was just being a bit controversial. When will the appeal be heard?

How many individual expulsions have there been other than for membership of proscribed groups?

I note that the Jewish Labour Movement supports the proscription of the four groups:

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/...ick-far-left-factions-out-of-party-1.10015303

Nothing is straightforward in the Labour Party, when even the Jewish supporters are split.

Rusty Nails

Oh yes he is!
Dennis Skinner didn't join Jeremy Corbyn's shadow cabinet when asked, because he thought reform of the Labour party from the grass roots was needed before he could take such a role. I thought at the time and still think he was right. The 'leadership cult' was not of Corbyn's choosing either.

I see no evidence that Jeremy Corbyn manipulated the situation for his own ends or to get elected leader, he took the leadership because he was nominated and elected. He then had to front some policies he did not wholeheartedly support, such as the second referendum call, because it was party policy. He was democratic to that extent.

These two paragraphs can be read in either order.
It's lucky that I didn't say that he manipulated the situation for his own ends. I doubt that he had the instinct or the ability to do that, but was carried up by the mood of the moment, supported/led by some more streetwise performers such as McDonnell and McCluskey and quite legitimately thought he could help move the party to the direction he/they thought it should take. Not his fault if he wasn't up to it in the long run.
He was a good back bencher with a mind of his own.

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
It's lucky that I didn't say that he manipulated the situation for his own ends. I doubt that he had the instinct or the ability to do that, but was carried up by the mood of the moment, supported/led by some more streetwise performers such as McDonnell and McCluskey and quite legitimately thought he could help move the party to the direction he/they thought it should take. Not his fault if he wasn't up to it in the long run.
He was a good back bencher with a mind of his own.
I don't know how many dodgy expulsions altogether, JVL have many you can read. I had email news feeds of several local constituency parties that were suspended en masse or had officers suspended at various times for passing motions to re-instate Jeremy Corbyn or questioning other suspensions.

It's not that Corbyn wasn't up to it. More that the job is framed on the wrong terms. I do think a share of responsibility falls to the hero worshippers who didn't put as much effort in for grass roots reform as they did to cheering. Anyone who wants a quick fix, lefties included, is barking up the wrong tree.

Top Bottom