The UK political parties - what's going on?? thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
The brexit thread has majorly swerved away from brexit consequences, and now seems to be mainly about debating the various merits or otherwise of the parties themselves..

Could we possibly post political stuff that isn't really brexit related elsewhere..??

Here even??

TIA

Sorry Muddersie.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
To be fair I'm not really discussing the merits, more classifying them into a binary system.

So going off this ...

View: https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1479477059940458499?t=8_msYoQzqCUXqftrVteTgQ&s=19

Have I got this right the Tories have defunded the NHS to the point where it doesn’t work properly, then Labour under Starmer want to privatise it ?

Is that privatisation?

Using private hospitals' capacity to do elective procedures like hip replacements isn't new and, if the price is right, seems a reasonable way to get waiting lists over the hump.

D

Deleted member 49

Where do the medical staff in private healthcare come from? Wouldn't be the NHS would it.... if using private healthcare to ‘reduce waiting times’ simply makes things worse is there a point.
UK Labour shouldn't even be thinking/talking privatisation ! Wealth tax and fund it properly.At least have some sort of vision of what to do.

D

Deleted member 49

Is that privatisation?

Using private hospitals' capacity to do elective procedures like hip replacements isn't new and, if the price is right, seems a reasonable way to get waiting lists over the hump.
As well as Labour missing the bigger picture of a large proportion of the electorate who want NHS, public utilities back in public ownership.
Not boring bland politics that fix nothing long term.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Is that privatisation?

Very true, but, someone may make a profit, we cannot have that, far better to have people housebound waiting for hip operations

D

Deleted member 49

Very true, but, someone may make a profit, we cannot have that, far better to have people housebound waiting for hip operations
By that do you mean politicians getting their money/bungs/profits from the private healthcare companies ?

I'm not an employment lawyer but I imagine it would be possible to make it a contract condition for clinical staff working in the NHS that they didn't moonlight in the private sector. Why is that a bad idea?

Top Bottom