The NCAP Soccerball Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not as outraged as whichever poor bastard got Germany, obviously.

I was on a bus in London when I heard the news and let out a whoop of celebration ... much to the chagrin of the other passengers about to board the flight to Berlin.

The bruises will dissipate soon I'm told....

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
In non World Cup, but still football related news, apparently Saudi Arabia's PIF would be up for buying Man Utd and Liverpool.

But Liverpool aren't for sale, of course, according to our guru of football.

Senegal, Iran, USA and Netherlands today for me.

matticus

Guru
Footballer gets involved in education policy:

Wales v Iran (10:00 GMT)

Captain Gareth Bale has urged teachers in Wales to let children watch their World Cup match against Iran this morning.
Welsh Government has granted schools permission to cancel lessons so kids can watch today's match.
Bale says their participation at the tournament is a "historical moment" for the nation.

If I was a teacher, I'd let kids watch Wales play - Bale

icowden

Legendary Member
Thought England gave all their wages to charity, have done for a while?

Yep. But it is still their wages. Payment for World Cup is based (I think) on history rather than capitalism. Players wages used to be capped at £20 per week. £2000 per match these days is seen as a fair price for a players involvement. However, because a players team wage is driven by capitalism and the various sponsorships, and licensing deals that are made, that fee is a pound down the back of the sofa to a top flight footballer - thus they donate it to charity. Harry Kane for example is paid £200,000 per week by his club. He doesn't need the £2000 per match for the World Cup.

Do players get paid to be at the World Cup?​

In short, yes they do – though not as much as the Premier League salary they receive from playing for the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea.
Every nation has a different match fee, with Kylian Mbappe famously donating his £17,000 wage after every match for France in 2018.

England players enjoy both a standard match fee as well as a competition winning bonus system that triggers new payments depending on how deep in the tournament they go. The FA paid £2,500 for every match a player started at the 2014 World Cup, with the rest of the unused squad pocketing £1,500.

Four years later in Russia, England stood to win £5million in bonuses if they lifted the World Cup – £215,000 per man – on top of the £29m prize money they would have collected outright.

D

Deleted member 28

Yep. But it is still their wages. Payment for World Cup is based (I think) on history rather than capitalism. Players wages used to be capped at £20 per week. £2000 per match these days is seen as a fair price for a players involvement. However, because a players team wage is driven by capitalism and the various sponsorships, and licensing deals that are made, that fee is a pound down the back of the sofa to a top flight footballer - thus they donate it to charity. Harry Kane for example is paid £200,000 per week by his club. He doesn't need the £2000 per match for the World Cup.

I know they get paid which is why I said they donated it, thanks for confirming my thoughts. 👍

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
In non World Cup, but still football related news, apparently Saudi Arabia's PIF would be up for buying Man Utd and Liverpool.

But Liverpool aren't for sale, of course, according to our guru of football.

Senegal, Iran, USA and Netherlands today for me.

FSG stated they are not currently for sale, just looking for investment.....but cock sucking pricks lie you will believe what you want.

jowwy

Sorry - that reply should have been aimed at @jowwy . My bad.

So they started getting paid a minimal amount if the play in around 2008....but its hardly bank balance breaking for England players and its all donated to charity. so they dont even see the money themselves.....

So technically i am correct......because if they chose not to play for their country, they still wouldn't get anything.

The political answer on a political forum, where everyone in here, gives political slight of hand answers.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
FSG stated they are not currently for sale, just looking for investment.....but cock sucking pricks lie you will believe what you want.

If you honestly believe that Liverpool aren't for sale then you're going to be sorely disappointed when they are.

Carry on with the pathetic insults by all means. There really isn't any need, but you do you babe, you do you.

jowwy

If you honestly believe that Liverpool aren't for sale then you're going to be sorely disappointed when they are.

Carry on with the pathetic insults by all means. There really isn't any need, but you do you babe, you do you.

When they are what???

Top Bottom