The NCAP Soccerball Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Think it's a charitable donation? Voluntary but not required.
Football foundation and I'm pretty sure they all give their wages to it.
They'll get plenty more from sponsorships deals and bonuses from things like advancing to later stages and dare I say "winning it" !

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Football foundation and I'm pretty sure they all give their wages to it.
They'll get plenty more from sponsorships deals and bonuses from things like advancing to later stages and dare I say "winning it" !

Fair enough, and that is to be commended.

England won't win it.

I reckon it'll be France or Portugal.

D

Deleted member 49

Fair enough, and that is to be commended.

England won't win it.

I reckon it'll be France or Portugal.
Watching Portugal now against Ghana,doubt they'll win it.There about 12/1 though if you care to take a punt.
Agree about France though.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I'm in a small group sweepstake at work where we get four teams each. I've got Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿, Belgium, Brazil and Tunisia, so not a bad haul. Still hoping Brazil lose and Neymar gets scythed down by a big Serbian defender, tho.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Anyway, in the great Rainbow Bucket Hat contest, it's Laura McAllister 1 - 0 Repressive State Apparatus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksp...-allowed-entry-to-iran-rainbow-hats-fifa/amp/

theclaud

Reading around the chip
As for respecting a countries beliefs I agree, if your own lifestyle isn't acceptable somewhere you should either comply or not go.

The flip side of this argument is that if you're not the sort of regime who can handle the cultural and social ramifications of the biggest International sporting event in the world, you could simply not attempt to host a 21st-century World Cup.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
:laugh:

20221124_201501.jpg

Top Bottom