The NCAP Soccerball Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

It might not be so bad if this attitude was only held by inebriated meth addicts, sadly it isnt so.

Yeah I think we'd got a sniff of your "I don't give a shoot about anyone who is not me" attitude a while back. Sadly it's not that unusual .

Kind of strange though, that you hang around a politics and current affairs forum, where the whole point is talking about how other people, and the wider world, are affected by current affairs is the whole point.

But your call I guess.

It is my call, isn't this the forum that welcomes alternate views?

My view is that certain countries have different opinions (and laws) which aren't in line with yours and you seem shocked when other people don't think the same.

What's strange about that, the fact I don't think the same as you?

D

Deleted member 28

Yeah, I got Japan as well.

Neither of you outraged that much then?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Do you ever try checking things before posting?

https://www.thenationalnews.com/spo...d-players-get-paid-for-international-matches/

Of course they get paid. It's about £2k per match. However to a pro footballer that is peanuts compared to their team salary so they tend to donate it to charity.

do you honsetly think england players would care about losing 2k.......i think not, micheal owen lost more than that on a turn of a card on the team bus, may aswell just not pay them, which they didnt in the past.

mudsticks

Squire
It is my call, isn't this the forum that welcomes alternate views?

My view is that certain countries have different opinions (and laws) which aren't in line with yours and you seem shocked when other people don't think the same.

What's strange about that, the fact I don't think the same as you?

Nothing at all strange in your view, banally routine really.

The fact that it's routinely 'I don't care about any of this' is a bit samey, it doesn't advance the argument, find any solutions,or supply any new knowledge

But if you're happy to keep repeating the same fact that you don't care over and over that is entirely your business.

Just don't imagine that it's actual 'thinking'.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
do you honsetly think england players would care about losing 2k.......i think not, micheal owen lost more than that on a turn of a card on the team bus, may aswell just not pay them, which they didnt in the past.

But they are paid to play for England. Which you said they weren't.

Anyway. Uruguay v South Korea was all a bit tedious. Neither side offered much going forward, which was weird because the talent is there on both sides, slightly skewed in favour of Uruguay I suppose.

I hadn't realised the stadia were all air conditioned. Sure, it's hot, but that's wild. The amount that has been spent on having the World Cup in Qatar is mind boggling.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Neither of you outraged that much then?

Not as outraged as whichever poor bastard got Germany, obviously.

mudsticks

Squire

Anyway. Uruguay v South Korea was all a bit tedious. Neither side offered much going forward, which was weird because the talent is there on both sides, slightly skewed in favour of Uruguay I suppose.

I hadn't realised the stadia were all air conditioned. Sure, it's hot, but that's wild. The amount that has been spent on having the World Cup in Qatar is mind boggling.

I've hear the fan villages aren't coming through with the paid for accommodation, there's quite a lot of grumbling from residents.

I wonder if Qatar will end up feeling it wasn't worth all the bother?
Will they have achieved their aims in hosting this world cup?

What were their aims I wonder.?

Screenshot_20221124-155303.png

A footballer taking a stand in ye olden days..🙄

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me

I wouldnt call it being paid, more like pocket money….just to appease the clubs.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I wouldnt call it being paid, more like pocket money….just to appease the clubs.

What would you call receiving financial remuneration for doing a job?

That's before you even get into the business of bonuses for winning matches, the tournament outright, scoring a goal, sponsorship deals and everything that goes along with being an international footballer.

Portugal v Ghana is a dull affair, but I'm looking forward to seeing Brazil v Serbia. Hard to call that one.

Top Bottom