The NCAP Soccerball Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
It's illegal to be gay in Qatar and knowing this people should respect their laws, I'm referring to how people conduct themselves rather than the fact they're gay.

And Wow!! there are still people who think openly being gay in a country where it's illegal may cause offence?!?

I don't think people should be persecuted but I also know certain parts of the world will do it so you can either fight the good fight and accept what might happen to you or respect other cultures, fill yer boots.

Only we weren't talking about footballers or supporters being 'openly gay' were we ??

We were talking about them showing support - 'fighting' even - for people who are persecuted for being gay.

But yeah why not move the goalposts on what is being discussed, because that's easier than acknowledging that someone else may have a point

Glad to hear you're not defending the whole 'gayness is a lifestyle choice' angle though 👍🏼

Progress of a sort I s'pose.

icowden

Legendary Member
Glad to hear you're not defending the whole 'gayness is a lifestyle choice' angle though 👍🏼
Progress of a sort I s'pose.
But in other news, some countries are still going backward in some areas:

https://indianexpress.com/article/t...arns-son-killed-five-in-a-queer-club-8286863/
Brink says, “They started telling me about the incident, a shooting… And then I go on to find out it’s a gay bar. I got scared, ‘shoot, is he gay?’ And he’s not gay, so I said, phew… I am a conservative Republican.”
“I praised him for violent behaviour really early. I told him it works. You’ll get immediate results.” He later says, “My opinion about gays is that it is not okay”.
To be fair this guy is a meth addict and is also seemingly drunk.

D

Deleted member 28

This thing about advising people to respect Qatar's laws bothers me. Some laws are simply not worthy of respect: they can often be obeyed, and even more often feared, but never respected.

Obey them or stay away, happy?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Without commenting on other, perhaps more colourful outfits, I can see why this might come across as a touch disrespectful.

Screenshot_20221124-125353_Twitter.jpg

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
yes they do have a choice....they dont get paid to play for england, so they can choose whether to play or not. Doctors and nurses have no choice to book ill people in for mri's or samples taken for labs, if they didnt they wouldnt be doing their jobs

ffs its not rocket science, but you guys want to make it look that way, because your a bunch of arrogant, know it all pricks.

Are you for real? Players don't get paid to play for their country?

mudsticks

Squire
But in other news, some countries are still going backward in some areas:

https://indianexpress.com/article/t...arns-son-killed-five-in-a-queer-club-8286863/

To be fair this guy is a meth addict and is also seemingly drunk.

It might not be so bad if this attitude was only held by inebriated meth addicts, sadly it isnt so.

Unfortunately it seems that way, It makes no odds to me as I'm neither.

Yeah I think we'd got a sniff of your "I don't give a shoot about anyone who is not me" attitude a while back. Sadly it's not that unusual .

Kind of strange though, that you hang around a politics and current affairs forum, where the whole point is talking about how other people, and the wider world, are affected by current affairs is the whole point.

But your call I guess.

Top Bottom