The NCAP Soccerball Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Poor choice of words,

:hyper:
You for real?

England play Iran in the World cup, will that be a poor choice of words as well if 'soldiering on' was mentioned or if someone photo 'bombs'?

FFS!

Milkfloat

theclaud

Reading around the chip
You for real?

England play Iran in the World cup, will that be a poor choice of words as well if 'soldiering on' was mentioned or if someone photo 'bombs'?

FFS!

When I say 'poor choice of words', that's all I mean. There's no need to get excited about it. We all choose our words poorly at times. You more often than most. HTH.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You for real?

FFS!

Are you for real? There's really nothing to get worked up about here.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
The thread I'd forgotten about!

Come on in @jowwy...

The weirdly re-jigged Scottish League Cup started this weekend. We got off to a good start beating Fraserburgh 3 - 1, frustrating to concede a goal, but it happened when one of our worst players, Dylan McGowan came on, so hardly surprising. Any time I've seen him play he's moved with the pace of a barge and only seems capable of hitting the ball in one direction. One of the most limited footballers I've ever seen for us, and there have been a few contenders for that dubious honour.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
After watching Man Utd take an absolute battering today, I figured it might be time for a revival of this thread. Cheered me up seeing that after Killie's dismal display against Aberdeen, the less said about that the better.

I had my doubts about Haaland in the EPL, but he's ridiculously good. I do wonder though about his longevity playing with such intensity. Like, if he gets a major injury and doesn't fully recover, does that knacker his ability? Pure speculation of course and I certainly wouldn't want to see a player of his talents crocked.

What's your thoughts on the binning of Lage @shep? Anyone you'd like to replace him? Amorim from Sporting is the bookies favourite, can't say I know much about him.

Also, #thoughtsandprayers with TAA, who has apparently been struck down with a terrible disease rendering him incapable of playing football. Poor guy.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
And to give things a more political slant, this has been a fairly big talking point around Ayshire's finest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63080239

It annoys me when these sort of things are reported with cryptic language, what he's alleged to have said is "Pack of Fenian bastards". Now, there is speculation the video has been doctored, but it seems pretty clear that's what he said; he should be punished and rightly so. But why is the onus on Killie here? He was on a night out whilst on international duty with Northern Ireland, so while he plays for us at club level, what's it to do with us? I think we're right to fine him, but any further action should be in the hands of the IFA.

After watching Man Utd take an absolute battering today, I figured it might be time for a revival of this thread. Cheered me up seeing that after Killie's dismal display against Aberdeen, the less said about that the better.

I had my doubts about Haaland in the EPL, but he's ridiculously good. I do wonder though about his longevity playing with such intensity. Like, if he gets a major injury and doesn't fully recover, does that knacker his ability? Pure speculation of course and I certainly wouldn't want to see a player of his talents crocked.

What's your thoughts on the binning of Lage @shep? Anyone you'd like to replace him? Amorim from Sporting is the bookies favourite, can't say I know much about him.

Also, #thoughtsandprayers with TAA, who has apparently been struck down with a terrible disease rendering him incapable of playing football. Poor guy.

:dance::wahhey::wahhey::wahhey::wahhey::wahhey::wahhey:

4-1 and we didn't need to get a player sent off to do it. :laugh:

spen666

I
And to give things a more political slant, this has been a fairly big talking point around Ayshire's finest:

...what he's alleged to have said is "Pack of Fenian bastards". .... ...

Is that not covered by "fair comment" or "accurate" defences?

[Steps back after stirring pot ]

Mr Celine

It annoys me when these sort of things are reported with cryptic language, what he's alleged to have said is "Pack of Fenian bastards". Now, there is speculation the video has been doctored, but it seems pretty clear that's what he said; he should be punished and rightly so. But why is the onus on Killie here? He was on a night out whilst on international duty with Northern Ireland, so while he plays for us at club level, what's it to do with us? I think we're right to fine him, but any further action should be in the hands of the IFA.

Rank hypocrisy from the Ayrshire huns who seem quite happy singing the Billy Boys all the time.

D

Deleted member 28

His time was up, never been a fan of sacking managers willy nilly but he hasn't shown much tactical nowse for a while.

The club have backed him in the transfer window so no excuses really, as for a replacement I think we'll have another Mendez client so maybe the geezer from Olympiakos (Pedro Martins) although again don't know much about him prior to this.

Poch would be nice but doubt he'd come to sunny Wolvo, I'd have Nuno back in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Rank hypocrisy from the Ayrshire huns who seem quite happy singing the Billy Boys all the time.

Only, we aren't, and we don't.

I wish we didn't use the "Hello, hello" tune, but we're not the only club in Scotland who do...

I do get what you mean though. Though surely the biggest hypocrisy is Police Scotland/the SFA saying they want to crack down on sectarianism then do nothing when the usual sh!te gets chanted from the stands. It only seems to be UEFA who fine either side of the Old Firm when in Europe.

Ian H

Guru
Poor choice of words, but nothing to get excited about. I didn't notice it during the game TBH, and I don't think it was picked up in the pub I was in. Was he 'forced' to apologise, or did he just apologise? He's often accused of being boring, and Twitter is not known for measured responses - people wanting to get rid of him probably call for the same thing every time he talks bollocks or is underwhelmed by a goal. Anyway, he seemed suitably excited about last night's result!

:hyper:

In other news, I'm afraid I can't claim Wayne as a relative of any kind.

Mr Celine

I wish we didn't use the "Hello, hello" tune, but we're not the only club in Scotland who do...

Just Killie, Dundee and the full fat Huns that sing it now. It's years since I heard it at Tynecastle.

If the SFA were serious about ending sectarianism they could dock points from the bigot brothers.
This would also give the rest of us a chance at a league title. ^_^

Top Bottom