The NCAP Soccerball Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I see Wrexham fans weren't having the Union-Flag-shagging bollocks either. :becool:

View: https://twitter.com/SamCoates94new/status/1528451186902409217?t=fUub7dHslR5TACOQZxsIKQ&s=19

D

Deleted member 28

Well we knew you 'read' that rag (looked at the pictures a n d t h e s i m p l e w o r d s) by the content of what you get your carer to write for you.

It's in many 'papers', I read the Express as it happens.

Any thoughts on the article itself or are you too busy tossing yourself off over me?

PaulB

It's in many 'papers', I read the Express as it happens.

Any thoughts on the article itself or are you too busy tossing yourself off over me?

18 minutes past midnight you 'wrote' that! Had 'refreshment' been taken - again? You just can't help yourself, can you?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

18 minutes past midnight you 'wrote' that! Had 'refreshment' been taken - again? You just can't help yourself, can you?

Why you so hung up on what time I do things?

Have you any thoughts on what Klopp said?

matticus

Guru
Got a lot of admiration for Jake Daniels. Football can be viciously homophobic at all levels, and not just by fans of the game. A brave move by the young man and from what I've read he's strong enough to take the abuse which will inevitably head his way.

Yup.
From what I've seen there has been very little abuse, and a torrent of support. On his twitter feed the only negative responses i saw were along the lines of:
"why is this brave? He's getting all this positive publicity!" which seemed a bit bizarre, and we can probably ignore ...
IMO he WAS very brave, because I think the vast majority of pundits would have predicted a shoot-ton of abuse, if you'd asked them a month ago!

While I'm looking for the negatives ... there was an article on Saturday saying how this probably won't be the start of something bigger; at least if you look at recent history in similar sports. Still, it definitely won't have done any harm.

D

Deleted member 49

Got a lot of admiration for Jake Daniels. Football can be viciously homophobic at all levels, and not just by fans of the game. A brave move by the young man and from what I've read he's strong enough to take the abuse which will inevitably head his way.
Nice lad, freinds with my daughter.Fecking ridiculous really that it's even newsworthy.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Agree, which bit specifically though the fact he's gay or that he needs to tell everybody?

It's not about a "need" to tell everyone. I know everything is alright in your world and that's fine if that's your lookout, but you honestly don't have a clue about the difficulties anyone who doesn't fit into what is perceived as "normal" face on a pretty much daily basis.

Coming out is a massive deal for a lot of people. Particularly those in the public eye, and especially in sport.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It's not about a "need" to tell everyone. I know everything is alright in your world and that's fine if that's your lookout, but you honestly don't have a clue about the difficulties anyone who doesn't fit into what is perceived as "normal" face on a pretty much daily basis.

Coming out is a massive deal for a lot of people. Particularly those in the public eye, and especially in sport.

Given the neanderthal attitudes of many football supporters I suspect he will get a lot of stick from fans of opposing teams next season, all in the name of harmless "bantz".
I will be happy to be proved wrong.

Top Bottom