The Nasty Party (AKA the Tories), it's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Über Member
The bar just keeps getting higher.
This is fabulous.

View: https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1483418498944671746?s=20

Last edited:

swansonj

Regular
I saw that earlier, and, agreeing that it is a masterpiece, I none the less had a few worries about copyright, BBC impartiality, and so forth.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
I saw that earlier, and, agreeing that it is a masterpiece, I none the less had a few worries about copyright, BBC impartiality, and so forth.

The BBC were only the broadcast platform, it wasn't one of their production but was a series created by Jed Mercurio and produced by World Productions. I'm pretty certain I've seen comments or tweets by Mercurio supporting this collaboration with Led By Donkeys, so there won't be any copyright problem.

D

Deleted member 28

It wasn't a response to a question.

You didn't ask a question, but made a statement.

So just to make it clear you're happy for our armed forces being ordered to point guns at desperate and frightened unarmed civilians fleeing war zones? Only to be sent 1000s of miles away to a country not so long ago that experienced the worst act of genocide since WW2? And you also happy for the government to be focusing on saving families £16 a year off their TV license cost yet the very same government are ignoring the cost of living crisis where families will need to find hundreds if not thousands of £££ a year in increased energy bills?
You losing it?

Here's the question I answered!

swansonj

Regular
The BBC were only the broadcast platform, it wasn't one of their production but was a series created by Jed Mercurio and produced by World Productions. I'm pretty certain I've seen comments or tweets by Mercurio supporting this collaboration with Led By Donkeys, so there won't be any copyright problem.
I know it's made by an independent production company but they will have a contract with the BBC. If I were the BBC, I would make sure the contract prevented things like this.

Speaking as someone who passionately despises Johnson and everything he stands for and embodies, I think this is brilliant.

Speaking as someone who cares about the long-term health of what's left of our democracy, I am uneasy at the concept of entertainment shows being appropriated for political campaigning.

OP
OP
Hitchington

Hitchington

Wokey Dick
You losing it?

Here's the question I answered!
you OK, hun?

Beebo

Veteran
Am interesting question raised elsewhere.

If he does get kicked out of No 10, where will he live?
He doesn’t have a house as far as I am aware. Maybe all 4 of them will move back in Carrie’s flat?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Speaking as someone who cares about the long-term health of what's left of our democracy, I am uneasy at the concept of entertainment shows being appropriated for political campaigning

As a fellow supporter of democracy, I am delighted that a highly popular TV series is being used to lampoon and publicly challenge the godawful, corrupt government we endure. If we weren’t allowed to do that we wouldn’t even be a democracy. It’s all the more appropriate in the circumstances that the vehicle is an anti police corruption unit.

Mugshot

Über Member
Word on the street appears to be that Johnson is on the way out, the worms have turned.
Will he be at PMQs tomorrow, who's going to replace him long term?

I'd ask where the smart money is at, but I think that "smart" might be a misnomer where this lot are concerned.

Top Bottom