The Nasty Party (AKA the Tories), it's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Hitchington

Hitchington

Wokey Dick
I know France is a bit of a hell hole, but didn't realise it'd gotten that bad over there.
It's nice to see to see right wing comedy and its "joke" is still hanging on in there. Keep going champ.:okay:

D

Deleted member 28

So just to make it clear you're happy for our armed forces being ordered to point guns at desperate and frightened unarmed civilians fleeing war zones? Only to be sent 1000s of miles away to a country not so long ago that experienced the worst act of genocide since WW2? And you also happy for the government to be focusing on saving families £16 a year off their TV license cost yet the very same government are ignoring the cost of living crisis where families will need to find hundreds if not thousands of £££ a year in increased energy bills?
I'd be more than happy to see them returned to their point of departure.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I'd be more than happy to see them returned to their point of departure.
AIUI, within international law our law enforcement have no jurisdiction on people until they land in our territory and then have to accept them if they claim asylum and hear their case.

If the claims are turned down after due process we have to get permission from the government of their point of departure to return them.

Inconvenient stuff, the law.

D

Deleted member 49

AIUI, within international law our law enforcement have no jurisdiction on people until they land in our territory and then have to accept them if they claim asylum and hear their case.

If the claims are turned down after due process we have to get permission from the government of their point of departure to return them.

You should of had a job on the remain campaign. 😁

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Would that not be "within our territorial waters"?.

Just thinking, otherwise, wouldn't that mean Police/Customs etc, could not stop drug smugglers, until they set foot on land?

D

Deleted member 28

I'm sure you're correct but that wasn't the question asked.

Top Bottom