The NACA Music, Art & General Creativity Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Crofted Crest

@Ian H, is this one of yours? If not, it could be for €790.

20221104_094119.jpg

Ian H

Guru
Yup..

See you there..
And I'll be wearing a yellow carnation - as per 🌻
That'll be a huge carnation.
IMG_20181101_122407355.jpg

We'll be wandering in from Yonder St, & E wants to see the bonfire. But if you do want to meet, I suggest the Volly at X o'clock to suit.

mudsticks

Squire
That'll be a huge carnation.
View attachment 2452

We'll be wandering in from Yonder St, & E wants to see the bonfire. But if you do want to meet, I suggest the Volly at X o'clock to suit.
You're right, it could be a tad cumbersome.. Maybe I'll go with a more modest marigold..

Volley at x o'clock it is then.. 😊

Although it would appear we have a rather large entourage this year - including (other peoples) children so the chances of anyone being organised enough to get anywhere by any prescribed time, given that it's Saturday, and likely to be rammed, is slim to practically naught ..

Have fun anyway 💃🔥

Ian H

Guru
The Volly appeared to be closed to the hoi-poloi anyway. We started with food & drink at B's, then traipsed into the town trying not to lose anyone (we only lost one).
IMG_20221105_203740754.jpg

IMG_20221105_205434180.jpg

Good to see health & safety taken seriously...
IMG_20221105_193133243.jpg

IMG_20221105_205121450.jpg

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
The Volly appeared to be closed to the hoi-poloi anyway. We started with food & drink at B's, then traipsed into the town trying not to lose anyone (we only lost one).
View attachment 2454

View attachment 2455

View attachment 2457
Yes I noticed that

Many years ago I was 'local' enough to be let into the back bar ..

Then I moved several miles down the valley, and now have to take my chances with the riff raff 🙄

PXL_20221105_210628185.MP~2.jpg

mudsticks

Squire
I think we missed the biggest barrels.
Still going on..
The biggest one, is at midnight in the square..

One of my son's has a birthday tomorrow, he was obviously keen to find out what all the commotion was about, after I'd been tar barrelling, whilst a bit barrel shaped.

Ian H

Guru
...whilst a bit barrel shaped.

I had to think for a moment.
I recall, back in the day, when the pubs took their doors off the hinges and laid sheets through the bars to protect the sawdust carpets.
I'm in Ottery most Wednesday mornings for breakfast (it used to be a business breakfast club, but it's deteriorated into just a meeting of unlike-minded folks who enjoy annoying each other).

Top Bottom