The NACA Music, Art & General Creativity Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
In response to a sub-topic in the main Screaming Abuse At Each Other thread, here's a thread to post your creative guff in. Or abuse and belittle the creative guff of others.

I'll start. I pretend to be a musician, amongst pretending to be various other things, and for a long time was in a very busy original band called Maya29. We were a sort of metal/prog/goth thing (described variously as 'Prog Goth Lesbians' and 'PJ Harvey fücking Tool up the arse. With a nine-inch nail') and got absolutely nowhere which is why you never heard of us, despite the fact we came and played where you lived & you stayed at home, like everyone else.

We were not a very political band but this song is probably a bit political.

View: https://youtu.be/HQQKVS81nuw

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Beat me to it!

That's a f*cking banger.

This is the latest thing I've done.

Well, not quite, I did a little doodle for a partner, but I'm quite pleased with this. Built the mount for it myself.

IMG_20220824_150037873_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Disappointed so far at the lack of scorn & abuse in this thread, despite specifically inviting it. C'mon NACA - you're losing your touch.

Meanwhile here's another tune, this time about bees & pigeons and the metaphorical Death Of All Hope, performed by the successor to my last band, which is in fact the same band but without unnecessary cats to herd, please, and put up with the stubbornness, attitudes and lack of creative input of.

We do love those other guys but sometimes they were a pair of useless cünts.

View: https://soundcloud.com/bradfordpriceproject/the-last-day-of-summer

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
If I can find them, and if I can figure out how to use Soundcloud, I can put up some absolutely banging sets of very badly mixed early naughties schranz and acid techno...

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Disappointed so far at the lack of scorn & abuse in this thread, despite specifically inviting it. C'mon NACA - you're losing your touch.

Meanwhile here's another tune, this time about bees & pigeons and the metaphorical Death Of All Hope, performed by the successor to my last band, which is in fact the same band but without unnecessary cats to herd, please, and put up with the stubbornness, attitudes and lack of creative input of.

We do love those other guys but sometimes they were a pair of useless cünts.

View: https://soundcloud.com/bradfordpriceproject/the-last-day-of-summer

Bit lightweight for my tastes in general, but I do like it.

Bazzer

I like carving, but have to be in the mood. The piece in my avatar was done one sunny Sunday a few years back.
I also like there to be some significance to the material and/or symbol/s produced. Particularly if it's for a family member, and not just me decorating the garden.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I like carving, but have to be in the mood. The piece in my avatar was done one sunny Sunday a few years back.
I also like there to be some significance to the material and/or symbol/s produced. Particularly if it's for a family member, and not just me decorating the garden.

I think mood is a very important point. I've started a project, and I hadn't particularly appreciated the frame of mind I'd have to be in to do it. Funny how creativity works.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Here we go, from way back in my free party DJ days, probably the best of the mixes I ever got round to recording. Good tunes badly mixed, as always.

Starts clean, gets dirty and by the end it's four in the morning, you're off your tits in a dirty warehouse, you've lost your mates and you're not even sure which way is up any more 🙃

View: https://m.soundcloud.com/user-13148492/episode-iii/s-gQeDv8Xf1zQ

Not the best sound quality, the original file's long gone so it's been encoded and decoded and burned and ripped and God knows what over the years.

Top Bottom