The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
I'll raise you an airport on an artifical island in the Thames estuary....

I thought his island airport idea was quite interesting as a concept.
The costs and logistics were too great and he clearly hadn’t thought it through properly.

Ian H

Guru

pitchfork.JPG

Our local 'spoons 'The General Sir Redvers Buller' is one on the list to close. A local resident has posted on Facebook that it will be the death of the high-street.
FFS....

Good riddance.

theclaud

Reading around the chip

Ian H

Guru
My last remaining customer (the one I can't get rid of) phoned today to tell me he's still alive after his heart attack*. Seems to have been, by his account, the life & soul of the ward while he was there. Stent fitted. He thinks it was possibly brought on by a diet of Greggs while he was working all day and a lot of the night calving his cows. So I'll wander over tomorrow to see if I can get his email working again.

*in case it's unclear, I am very pleased by this news

Ian H

Guru
This is my all-time favourite small ad. I always check that it's there. A few months ago it disappeared, but has been appearing regularly again for a while. But who actually buys this service?
IMG_20221124_215422264.jpg

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
This is my all-time favourite small ad. I always check that it's there. A few months ago it disappeared, but has been appearing regularly again for a while. But who actually buys this service?
View attachment 2549

I did the auctioneering, for a promise auction back in the spring to raise funds for something worthy .
One of the lots was a songwriting service just like this

Iirc it went for over £200 ..
I was astonished too 🙄

Top Bottom