The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
One last piece of good news / advice, before I go.

Having got a bit deeply involved in some mechanicing today.

Vegetable oil, rubbed into dirty oil marks on your skin lifts it all off a treat 🙂

fozy tornip

fozympotent
And what will lift the vegetable oil?

1652377072912.png

One last piece of good news / advice, before I go.

Having got a bit deeply involved in some mechanicing today.

Vegetable oil, rubbed into dirty oil marks on your skin lifts it all off a treat 🙂

Add sugar for extra abrasive effect if required....

D

Deleted member 49

I'm afraid I still use good old-fashioned Swarfega (no polystyrene in it though).
Reminds me of being a apprentice....I allways used it myself until recently.Was in toolstation and thought I'd try this and I'm converted !
Screenshot_20220512-204024.png

Good luck with your ride.^_^

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I'm afraid I still use good old-fashioned Swarfega (no polystyrene in it though).

Off to Wales tomorrow. See if the old legs can still do a 600.

The Bryan Chapman? Pob lwc!

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Some good medical news - they seem to have found the cause (or one of the causes) of SIDS, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, aka 'cot death'. The lead researcher lost her own child to SIDS.

FSlq7-QXwBkJfnh.jpeg

I'm not sure where this leads - presumably there could eventually be a screening programme for newborns, or a genetic test - but it's a great step forward. The woman in the bed next to me after I gave birth had lost a child to cot death when she was only 19. I think she felt like people held her responsible because she was young and they assumed she hadn't been a diligent parent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom