The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Still, we can now get to work on anything commemorating Marx, he doesn't appear to have anything on the credit side ...
I'm not sure Marx was into buying and selling slaves ?
Also WTF has Marx got to do with this ?

Last edited:

Ian H

Guru
D

Deleted member 49

Apart from an impressive body of philosophical writings which still inform political thought today. On the downside, Steve Bannon has claimed to be a Marxist, but you can hardly blame our Karl for that.
Yea but is he actually a "Woke,Leftist,Marxist" ?

D

Deleted member 49

Oh! Apols :-)
No need....prefer you when your angry 😡

Beebo

Veteran
I don't think it's despite the evidence so much as deciding that the evidence shows that the greater good was served.
I heard an interview with David Olusoga, who was an expert witness in the court.
He was saying that the “crime” of vandalism was justified to stop the “crime” of leaving the statue of a slaver in place.
Similarly a jury wouldn’t convict a bystander who intervened to stop an ongoing assault and knocked someone out.

Cirrus

Just occasionally a jury are so exorcised that they acquit in spite of the evidence. This is one, the trial of Clive Ponting for leaking stuff around the Falklands war was another.

More examples here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...r-picture-activists-who-were-cleared-in-court

1641470650900.png

Top Bottom