The Dishi-Rishi thread....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Regular
I would've thought private healthcare was all part of the package of being prime minister, even I get a diluted version of private as part of my job.

D

Deleted member 49

I would've thought private healthcare was all part of the package of being prime minister, even I get a diluted version of private as part of my job.
Your not the PM though,why is it not appropriate to answer the question ? Rishi Sunak says it would not be "appropriate" to say whether he has gone private in order to skip NHS waiting times.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Your not the PM though,why is it not appropriate to answer the question ? Rishi Sunak says it would not be "appropriate" to say whether he has gone private in order to skip NHS waiting times.

You are right. It would be interesting to know which MPs ( not just Rishi) are using, or, have used, Private Health Services, and, Private Education for their offspring.

D

Deleted member 28

You are right. It would be interesting to know which MPs ( not just Rishi) are using, or, have used, Private Health Services, and, Private Education for their offspring.

I would imagine quiet a few on here have, I've used private health care in the past.

D

Deleted member 49

I would imagine quiet a few on here have, I've used private health care in the past.
Again your missing the point...he's the PM and ex chancellor who has been in a position to make the NHS better but has chosen not to.
Just answer the question.

D

Deleted member 28

Again your missing the point...he's the PM and ex chancellor who has been in a position to make the NHS better but has chosen not to.
Just answer the question.

Answer what question? If it's appropriate to go private or to tell everyone?

Yes if he wants and, well yes if he wants.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Yeah, not me personally, but, Mrs @BoldonLad has (twice). First time, paid for by "perk" from my then employer, second time, paid for by "perk" from her then employer. Would have been way back in the Blair/Brown years.

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I've accessed private healthcare before for the very simple reason that NHS provision of that particular service is so appallingly bad. I would do it again but I can't afford it so instead I'm making do without. Hooray. Isn't it great living in this country right now?

Edit: and I'm aware that there are contributors to this forum who refuse to believe that anyone here is struggling, but some of us farking well are, OK?

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
I've accessed private healthcare before for the very simple reason that NHS provision of that particular service is so appallingly bad. I would do it again but I can't afford it so instead I'm making do without. Hooray. Isn't it great living in this country right now?

Edit: and I'm aware that there are contributors to this forum who refuse to believe that anyone here is struggling, but some of us farking well are, OK?

I have a very dear friend who has just remortgaged his house to be able to afford a hip replacement.
Otherwise it could have been many months if not years in a state of disablement.

Totally understand his decision, sad he was forced to do that 😟

• Sad
Reactions: C R

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I have a very dear friend who has just remortgaged his house to be able to afford a hip replacement.
Otherwise it could have been many months if not years in a state of disablement.

Bonkers, isn't it?

Last week I stood and had a conversation with someone about how I needed to have a conversation with them but was not actually allowed to have a conversation with them. They provide a service based in Sheffield which due to local commissioning is unavailable to the residents of Sheffield.

D

Deleted member 49

Just to be clear I didn't put the post up to ask who has or hasn't had to use private healthcare.Im pretty sure the majority of us who needed care and could afford to pay would.But Sunak is the PM and if he's paying to avoid the shambles of the NHS under his watch we should know.
Just to add as one of the wealthiest men in the country I don't doubt for one minute he did.

mudsticks

Squire
Just to be clear I didn't put the post up to ask who has or hasn't had to use private healthcare.Im pretty sure the majority of us who needed care and could afford to pay would.But Sunak is the PM and if he's paying to avoid the shambles of the NHS under his watch we should know.
Just to add as one of the wealthiest men in the country I don't doubt for one minute he did.

I'm sure you didn't post up for that reason.

But it's interesting though, how once upon a time I might have had even a faint feeling of 'disapproval' at the thought of someone 'queue jumping' by using financial leverage.

Now it's 'yup I totally get why you would do that, if you could' , and a weary resignation to the fact that this is how it is now .

Sort of like we've all been worn down into this being the 'new normal'.

Best just not get ill, or old I guess.

D

Deleted member 28

Well a bit of advice for anyone considering paying themselves, pay to see the consultant and have the rest on the NHS.

I've done this twice for knee replacement surgery and know of 2 other people who have also done the same.

From GP referral to being on the table was less than 6 mths on all occasions for the princely sum of £190 so there really is no need to remortgage your house unless you're unable to wait 6 months.

Top Bottom