The Dishi-Rishi thread....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
I know, I was being facetious. Was in a great mood back from my morning ride and then I read the papers. Shouldn't have done that. No more news sites for me today.

Yup , I knew you were..

Unless bike riding suddenly turns you into a frothing gammon.

In which case I think maybe you should probs find another hobby.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
From the article

"Stephen Watson, Chief Constable of GMP, who has warned public tolerance of “woke” policing is at a “high water mark”, put more officers on the beat and required the force to pursue every crime lead – resulting in the official watchdog taking it out of special measures.

A government source said: “We want to get officers on to the front line doing what they are supposed to do which is preventing and solving crime. The chief constable of Greater Manchester has done a great job on that. We want to see what Greater Manchester have done replicated across other forces.”

So basically anti-woke policing is actually tackling crime, and having more police officers doing their job, for which I guess there will be extra funding, proper oversight and accountability for police behaviour too, I'm sure ..

It's nothing to do with 'wokeism' whatever that is..

They're just trying to use the phrase to make themselves popular with knee jerk reactionaries, who suck up whatever tabloid nonsense is being pumped out today.

Same old same old.

Seems a little more wokeness wouldn't go amiss....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...icial-report-finds?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

And remind us, who cut police numbers?
Who has run the home office for 12 years.
Shameless dog-whistling....

C R

John Crace on Rishi being shamed by de Pfeffel into going to Egypt

"It’s hard to imagine a moral multiverse in which the Convict has the high ground. But Sunak somehow found one."

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
What I find interesting about Boris attending COP27 is:

1. Who is paying for it?, on past performance, it will not be him.

2. Will he have security/protection?, if yes, funded by whom?

3. In what capacity is he attending?

4. Can just anyone rock up and attend?

5. Assuming he is not going to walk, or, cycle there, is it likely that his contribution will be worth the carbon footprint of getting him there?

C R

5. Assuming he is not going to walk, or, cycle there, is it likely that his contribution will be worth the carbon footprint of getting him there?

I guess that gets paid from the 115k he gets for doing ex prime minister stuff.

Beebo

Veteran

It’s bollox. The Tory party can tell their MPs to not go. He should lose the whip if he goes against advice.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It’s bollox. The Tory party can tell their MPs to not go. He should lose the whip if he goes against advice.

I wasn't really expressing a view as to if he should go, or not, other than point 5, and, I would suspect that Boris is not the only attendee who fits that particular slot.

the snail

What does that involve, making it easier for those arrested to fall down the stairs on the way to the cells?

I assume they're referring to the de-funding of the police over the last decade, which is the height of wokeryism.

matticus

Guru

Whatever your views on Boris, these are good questions.

mudsticks

Squire
Whatever your views on Boris, these are good questions.
I can answer no 4. for you.

No, you need a pass to get into the official COP.

Access and space for civil* society groups is very very limited this year.

Protest site is a desert corral, away from the main event.

*For the avoidance of doubt, if there were any, I don't believe BJ falls into the category of 'a civil member of society' .

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
So that's how to sign Meloni...!
3500.jpg

Top Bottom