The Dishi-Rishi thread....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I may be going a bit early on this, but it seems like that by lunchtime, Rishi Sunak will get the top job.

What do we think his leadership will be like, who will he reshuffle/appoint to his cabinet? How's he going to square the economic circle - austerity 2.0, increased taxation? Will the sheeple of the nation get behind him?

The answer to all these questions and more will be found below.....

What do we think his leadership will be like
Short lived, I hope. No mandate, GE now etc.

Will the sheeple of the nation get behind him?
I don’t think even the party will get behind him. Farage and Tice are already seeing grifting opportunities.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I'm fairly ignorant of such matters but does anyone know how religious he is, and whether he would consider today to be of particular significance?

D

Deleted member 49

Well even if it's cultural rather than strictly religious it will be interesting to have our first Hindu PM on Diwali.

On Diwali? During Diwali? It's a few days, isn't it?
Why ? What difference does it make.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Should we start collecting pictures of torn up Tory memberships? Although if that's an automatic reply to her original membership application then she only joined the party this summer anyway, presumably to vote in the leadership contest. And it's not in the sent folder, is it?

View: https://twitter.com/MandaStoker/status/1584304808843804673?t=n0gowA2NYsKLBIMN49voVg&s=19

Last edited:

theclaud

Reading around the chip
D

Deleted member 49

It's just an interesting coincidence. I don't know enough about the Hindu religion to know if anybody would see it as anything more than that.
Priti Patel is Hindu....just saying.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
He lit Diwali candles outside No.11.
If he can't deal with the energy crisis he will be lighting them inside No. 10.

I don't know enough about the Hindu religion to know if anybody would see it as anything more than that.
The atheist says to the Christian 'you don't believe in Jupiter or Wodin I just don't believe in one god more than you', but to the Hindu he says 'I believe in 330 million fewer gods than you'!

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I'm fairly ignorant of such matters but does anyone know how religious he is, and whether he would consider today to be of particular significance?

I am equally ignorant, by choice, of most things religous. Is today of significant in any particular religion?

Edit: OK, I see, now from later posts. A rather unpleasant whiff of intolerance, not a pleasant situation, IMHO

Last edited:
Top Bottom