The Dishi-Rishi thread....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Annoyingly (for the sake of the lols) it isn't - just a similar generic drum pattern at a similar tempo. And you'd have to have cloth ears if you think that sounds like a 1972 recording.

PNG Courier FOOC.

DC6E622F-FC31-40AB-9960-BCF885C77A2E.jpeg

mudsticks

Squire
Coffey is going to the COP.
That doesn't exactly inspire me with great hope, but Sunak should be there too.

Without swift action now all the domestic stuff will be pretty much irrelevant in a couple of decades.

Beebo

Veteran
Coffey is going to the COP.
That doesn't exactly inspire me with great hope, but Sunak should be there too.

Without swift action now all the domestic stuff will be pretty much irrelevant in a couple of decades.

He’s also banned King Charles from going too, which seems silly.
But Johnson says he might be going just to stir it up a bit.

mudsticks

Squire
He’s also banned King Charles from going too, which seems silly.
But Johnson says he might be going just to stir it up a bit.

How can he 'ban' him from going anyway.
Take his passport away?
Put him under house arrest?

I mean in many ways the whole 'official' shebang is just the same old sorts, operating in the same old way, making minimal progress, and trying to keep things pretty much as they are.

The on the ground grassroots activists and civil society groups, who operate on the 'fringe' of the COP are far more usefully active, actually doing stuff.

Chazza could go along and show support for them, amplify their message, that might be more useful.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Jamaica should send their king while they still have one.

Some of the Pacific islands which are fast disappearing under water. Tuvalu for example.

D

Deleted member 28

What does that involve, making it easier for those arrested to fall down the stairs on the way to the cells?

Easier to bang their heads while getting in the back of the van?

mudsticks

Squire
Guaranteed vote winner right there.

View attachment 2415

What does that involve, making it easier for those arrested to fall down the stairs on the way to the cells?
From the article

"Stephen Watson, Chief Constable of GMP, who has warned public tolerance of “woke” policing is at a “high water mark”, put more officers on the beat and required the force to pursue every crime lead – resulting in the official watchdog taking it out of special measures.

A government source said: “We want to get officers on to the front line doing what they are supposed to do which is preventing and solving crime. The chief constable of Greater Manchester has done a great job on that. We want to see what Greater Manchester have done replicated across other forces.”

So basically anti-woke policing is actually tackling crime, and having more police officers doing their job, for which I guess there will be extra funding, proper oversight and accountability for police behaviour too, I'm sure ..

It's nothing to do with 'wokeism' whatever that is..

They're just trying to use the phrase to make themselves popular with knee jerk reactionaries, who suck up whatever tabloid nonsense is being pumped out today.

Same old same old.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
From the article

"Stephen Watson, Chief Constable of GMP, who has warned public tolerance of “woke” policing is at a “high water mark”, put more officers on the beat and required the force to pursue every crime lead – resulting in the official watchdog taking it out of special measures.

A government source said: “We want to get officers on to the front line doing what they are supposed to do which is preventing and solving crime. The chief constable of Greater Manchester has done a great job on that. We want to see what Greater Manchester have done replicated across other forces.”

So basically anti-woke policing is actually tackling crime, and having more police officers doing their job, for which I guess there will be extra funding, proper oversight and accountability for police behaviour too, I'm sure ..

They're just trying to use the phrase to make themselves popular with knee jerk reactionaries, who suck up whatever tabloid nonsense is being pumped out today.

Same old same old.

The Tories are good with law and order. Everybody knows that.

C R

Über Member
From the article

Same old same old.

I know, I was being facetious. Was in a great mood back from my morning ride and then I read the papers. Shouldn't have done that. No more news sites for me today.

Top Bottom