The Dishi-Rishi thread....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
So, Berry launches the first offensive against Sunak over Braverman. Trouble with Berry is that as Tory chairman he was prepared to talk all kinds of nasty nonsense. Now he's out of the tent pissing in, can anybody believe a word he says?

It’s still clear evidence that there is no unity in the Tory party.
Keeping the circus on the road is going to be very difficult as pressure grows to sack her again.

C R

It’s still clear evidence that there is no unity in the Tory party.
Keeping the circus on the road is going to be very difficult as pressure grows to sack her again.

Let's hope so. That would probably mean that the loonie faction would start making things difficult for Rishi, unless he puts another loonie in the HO, Badenoch anyone? :eek:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
So, Berry launches the first offensive against Sunak over Braverman. Trouble with Berry is that as Tory chairman he was prepared to talk all kinds of nasty nonsense. Now he's out of the tent pissing in, can anybody believe a word he says?

As much as you can believe any politician.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
It struck me that Sunak might be able to impose some order on his recalcitrant MP's by threatening a dissolution of Parliament if they plot to bring him down or get too much in the way of any sensible, but not right-wing policy moves to aid the country with the various challenges at the moment.

The possible slaughter of the ERG group might concentrate some minds. Or might not ...

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Yes, threatening an election would be a risky move. The Tories are very good at singing from the same hymn sheet when it matters though so I reckon he's got at least 6 months with them putting up a mostly united front.

All uphill

It struck me that Sunak might be able to impose some order on his recalcitrant MP's by threatening a dissolution of Parliament if they plot to bring him down or get too much in the way of any sensible, but not right-wing policy moves to aid the country with the various challenges at the moment.

The possible slaughter of the ERG group might concentrate some minds. Or might not ...

They must know they are in the last chance saloon, and could be out of office for a generationif they rebel.

It also occurs to me that Braverman's post is a handy reminder of that.

Ian H

Guru
Our new government seems to have decided that the changing climate is no longer an emergency.

Top Bottom