The Blair thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Half arsed, sure, but better than nothing.
Mussolini got the trains to run on time....so they say 🙄

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
The problem with that is that is was half-arsed. No English equivalent.
That wasn't the point. It was to shut the Nats up & keep them in their place - the voting system would ensure no party could ever have an overall majority (ha!), and of course in Westminster Scotland would be Labour forever.

I doubt Blair or any other New Labourites think it was a particularly great idea from the perspective of 2022. :laugh:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Baldrick schmaldrick. The depths some people will sink to rather than pay a little more tax, eh?

I have done some quick searching and the only stuff I can see on this is the usual insults and denials on Twitter. Is there anything more substantial to this or is it just more internecine Labour infighting from a time when Robinson's views on Corbyn were unpopular with some in the party?

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I have done some quick searching and the only stuff I can see on this is the usual insults and denials on Twitter. Is there anything more substantial to this or is it just more internecine Labour infighting from a time when Robinson's views on Corbyn were unpopular with some in the party?
I'm not really interested in raking over the detail of Robinson's shabby little social media oeuvre during the Corbyn era. I've long thought he was a nobber, but wasn't really across how much of a poisonous little shite he was until he went out of his way to demonstrate it on Twitter.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I'm not really interested in raking over the detail of Robinson's shabby little social media oeuvre during the Corbyn era. I've long thought he was a nobber, but wasn't really across how much of a poisonous little shite he was until he went out of his way to demonstrate it on Twitter.
So nothing substantial to your earlier post, just Twitter spats about a Labour party member and activist who wasn't happy with the Labour party under Corbyn.

I once had the chance to ride down Blair (or at least boot him up the arse as I rode past) outside his home, but I panicked and wished him a feeble happy new year instead :sad:
Kind of sums up how I felt about him as a New Labour (meh) PM for all those years.

D

Deleted member 49

So nothing substantial to your earlier post, just Twitter spats about a Labour party member and activist who wasn't happy with the Labour party under Corbyn.
Or two bit actor Tony,life long Labour supporter uses Brexit as a excuse to attack Corbyn.Campaigned against him relentlessly instead of focusing his energy on the Tories.Fecking beggers belief how anyone is suprised what we ended up with.
He told voters under no circumstances should they support a Corbyn lead Labour Party.
So yes I think bellend was almost a term of endearment for Robinson.

D

Deleted member 49

This sounds remarkably familiar.
What a party member trying to undermine the leader with false smears?
There was only ever going to be Corbyn or Johnson as PM after 2019 so maybe campaigning against your party leader wasn't the smartest move.

Top Bottom