Tea, retirement and cars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Is that a gender neutral garibaldi?
I don’t like my baked goods to be associated with the Italian military in post Brexit Britain.

Maybe a Savoiardi then, or is that too royal?

I spent quite a lot of my youth tinkering with old cars and motorbikes, but that phase passed, and modern cars hold no interest whatsoever; and motor-sport never did. I'm still interested in old cars in an oh-look-at-that kind of way.

Am much the same, though like watching motorcycle racing.
I drive a lot of very fine and upmarket cars from Hertz and I wouldn't give tuppence for most of them. However, had to take the Duster for a service this morning and have to say the new Jogger as a basic utilitarian vehicle ticks a lot of boxes. Good design for a low price. Maybe for when the 10 year old C1 slips away to motoring heaven....about another 10 years!

theclaud

Reading around the chip
In line with the times, this is an inclusive thread.

Tea/coffee drinkers, car/non-car owners, workers/shirkers are all welcome.

Just as well, given that the boomers will be the last generation of retirees, and the rest of us will just have to work until we drop, die of treatable conditions because there's no healthcare, freeze to death in unheated homes or perish on the streets because we can't pay the rent.

I like to start the week on an upbeat note.

D

Deleted member 28

Just as well, given that the boomers will be the last generation of retirees, and the rest of us will just have to work until we drop, die of treatable conditions because there's no healthcare, freeze to death in unheated homes or perish on the streets because we can't pay the rent.

You're going to be fine, global warming will sort you out don't forget.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Two of my daughters (Nurse, and Teacher, 51 and 50) are making retirement plans right now, for 55.

D

Deleted member 28

Two of my daughters (Nurse, and Teacher, 51 and 50) are making retirement plans right now, for 55.

My missus packed in from Nursing at 55, loads of people my age (57) have made provision for themselves.

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Yebbut we boomers will soon be dead and you millenials/GenX&Z will all be alive/woke and living off the money we leave you...if we haven't spent it all on luxuries.

CloudyPresentChimneyswift-max-1mb.gif

BoldonLad

Yebbut we boomers will soon be dead and you millenials/GenX&Z will all be alive/woke and living off the money we leave you...if we haven't spent it all on luxuries.

View attachment 1761

I am working on it ;)

mudsticks

Squire

Ian H

Guru

BoldonLad

Until the Gulf Steam - which currently keeps us much warmer than normal at these latitudes - collapses .

This is a predicted effect of climate change .

We will then end up having much colder winters in the UK.

Along with the other extreme type weather events were currently experiencing.

https://www.yourweather.co.uk/news/...n-to-the-uk-if-the-gulf-stream-collapses.html

The effect could potentially be magnified by a weakening polar jet stream.

Excellent. Two advantages of being old, and, about to drop off the perch. ;)

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
Top Bottom