Strike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Brexit analogy? Doesn’t work. I mean I can’t frustrate or damage Brexit by driving straight past the new border controls even if I want to, can I?

True, but, as an NHS worker, could you choose to ignore what ever terms and conditions are negotiated?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
But you might find 8-12 hour waits in A+E are a pretty big incentive to stay at home.
If only! There are hospitals which are only allowing the patient to be in the waiting room as they don't have enough chairs for everyone.

And your first example of twisted ankle. That was my daughter a few weeks ago. Unable to walk and an ankle with a lump the size of a cricket ball on the side. Doctors thought it was broken, only the X-rays showed it was severely sprained. This is surely exactly what A+E is for?
That is exactly what ED is for, the broken fingernail and the girl who recently went to a department and asked if they pierced ears there as they have lots of sterile needles is not what they are there for.

D

Deleted member 49

The RMT have announced that 40,000 rail workers will strike for four weeks over the Christmas period.
A series of strikes will be held across four 48-hour periods on 13-14 and 16-17 December and 3-4 and 6-7 January

The Jogger

The guy just kicks the right wing press into touch everytime, it's because their rhetoric is so predictable and repetitive. This is why he goes from strength to strength, especially among the membership of the RMT. I thought Bob Crow was tops but Mick Lynch is up there to.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
My t-shirt arrived! :smile:

IMG_20221123_090631366.jpg

D

Deleted member 28

CWU have just informed me I'll be getting a £1500 'cost of living' pay rise which is fully consolidated.

This comes on top of the April pay rise of £1500 so all in all around 6% increase for me and upwards of 15% for the lower grades.

Time for a large slice of humble pie I feel as I was against strike action from the beginning and thought we were wasting our time but clearly not.

D

Deleted member 49

CWU have just informed me I'll be getting a £1500 'cost of living' pay rise which is fully consolidated.

This comes on top of the April pay rise of £1500 so all in all around 6% increase for me and upwards of 15% for the lower grades.

Time for a large slice of humble pie I feel as I was against strike action from the beginning and thought we were wasting our time but clearly not.
Chuffed for you,you deserve it ! Let's hope they can secure something decent for Royal Mail,although I fear it's going to be a bitter battle there.They really do want to run it into the ground by the looks of things.

D

Deleted member 28

Chuffed for you,you deserve it ! Let's hope they can secure something decent for Royal Mail,although I fear it's going to be a bitter battle there.They really do want to run it into the ground by the looks of things.

After speaking to a few of the lads the feeling is that they might refuse the offer once balloted so it may not be over.

D

Deleted member 49

After speaking to a few of the lads the feeling is that they might refuse the offer once balloted so it may not be over.
Just curious why,not backdated maybe?

Top Bottom