Strike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
There was money to bail the banks out,dodgy PPE and contracts for mates down the pub,track and trace,Billion for the DUP...that's before we get to Brexit and the ongoing cost.
We could try paying Nurses what they deserve ?

And how much does a nurse deserve to be paid?

Give us a figure for a senior staff nurse with two years experience, currently being paid £35,572. How much, in pounds, should they get?

Give us a figure for a senior staff nurse with two years experience, currently being paid £35,572. How much, in pounds, should they get?

A couple of years worth of inflation seems reasonable as a starting point. That makes the figure something north of £40,000.

PaulB

But they aren't my figures, they are the Kings Fund's figures. Are you saying that the Kings Fund doesn't know their data?

King's fund, swing's bund, it has no relevance to the situation the exploited, much-abused nurses (not you) have faced for decades. Their good will has not been recognised or addressed other than 'how much money can we make out of this?' from your puppet masters. It doesn't address the issue that you are a disgrace to your 'profession', one I still have doubts about you actually doing.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
King's fund, swing's bund, it has no relevance to the situation the exploited, much-abused nurses (not you) have faced for decades. Their good will has not been recognised or addressed other than 'how much money can we make out of this?' from your puppet masters. It doesn't address the issue that you are a disgrace to your 'profession', one I still have doubts about you actually doing.

But you said my figures were 'plucked out of the air', but they aren't my figures, they are the figures of one of the most respected health organisations in the country. You respect the NHS so much that you are discounting one of its biggest supporters in the Kings Fund as irrelevant!

How about all the nurses who didn't vote to strike, are they all a disgrace to the profession?

D

Deleted member 28

My missus was a nurse for over 30yrs ending up a Sister (band 6 I believe) and she always believed her pay to be pretty fair, voted Tory too.

Julia9054

Regular
My missus was a nurse for over 30yrs ending up a Sister (band 6 I believe) and she always believed her pay to be pretty fair, voted Tory too.

Your missus is retired which means she is not facing the current staffing crisis, cost of living crisis and attempting to make ends meet.
Whether you feel desperate enough to vote to strike will be coloured by your own personal circumstances.

The Jogger

All health workers deserve a decent cost of living payrise, nurses, porters, kitchen staff, care workers etc.
We can afford to pay MPs an extra 3k and look at their f##k up, we can afford to supply weapons costing billions to Ukraine but some moan when we try to give health workers a living wage, so they don't have to go to food banks to survive. WTF is the matter with some people?

D

Deleted member 28

Your missus is retired which means she is not facing the current staffing crisis, cost of living crisis and attempting to make ends meet.
Whether you feel desperate enough to vote to strike will be coloured by your own personal circumstances.

Er, OK then.

I'm currently involved in strike action myself which I voted against but that's another story.

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulB

But you said my figures were 'plucked out of the air', but they aren't my figures, they are the figures of one of the most respected health organisations in the country. You respect the NHS so much that you are discounting one of its biggest supporters in the Kings Fund as irrelevant!

How about all the nurses who didn't vote to strike, are they all a disgrace to the profession?

No, you're claiming with those pointless figures you're trying to get some leverage with, that the nurses - as well as labouring under stressful conditions as it is - should also carry an unfair portion of the burden of the debt this useless government have saddled the nation with. After all, their good-will has shown to be exploitable for long enough so this should be easy, shouldn't it? How about addressing the claim I've made that you're a disgrace to the profession you claim to be part of?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
No, you're claiming with those pointless figures you're trying to get some leverage with, that the nurses - as well as labouring under stressful conditions as it is - should also carry an unfair portion of the burden of the debt this useless government have saddled the nation with. After all, their good-will has shown to be exploitable for long enough so this should be easy, shouldn't it? How about addressing the claim I've made that you're a disgrace to the profession you claim to be part of?

calling someone else a disgrace....jesus, have read your own posts

Top Bottom