Strike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Well, it will be an interesting time. Remember, you are not allowed to moan when it goes bad for anyone you know, if your family have to die so I get a pay increase you have to be clear that I don't give a shit, they can all die for all I care, as long as I get a 17% pay deal. Actually, I won't be striking so will probably be back on the frontline, and I really hope some of you rock up :laugh:

Does anyone actually realise how much this will cost? The last Kings Fund analysis (June 2021) puts the NHS staff pay bill at £56.1 billion. A 17% (RPI at 12% + 5%) increase means an increase to £65.6 billion pounds. An increase of £9 billion pounds (+/-).

To put that in to context, £1bn is the entire budget of Nottingham University NHS Trust.

This is a stupid, unwinnable strike that will cause harm to patients, harm to the NHS and harm to the reputations of staff working in it.
Usual bollox...at least your consistent.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Well, it will be an interesting time. Remember, you are not allowed to moan when it goes bad for anyone you know, if your family have to die so I get a pay increase you have to be clear that I don't give a shit, they can all die for all I care, as long as I get a 17% pay deal. Actually, I won't be striking so will probably be back on the frontline, and I really hope some of you rock up :laugh:

Does anyone actually realise how much this will cost? The last Kings Fund analysis (June 2021) puts the NHS staff pay bill at £56.1 billion. A 17% (RPI at 12% + 5%) increase means an increase to £65.6 billion pounds. An increase of £9 billion pounds (+/-).

To put that in to context, £1bn is the entire budget of Nottingham University NHS Trust.

This is a stupid, unwinnable strike that will cause harm to patients, harm to the NHS and harm to the reputations of staff working in it.

Of course we will be allowed to moan that the government has treated nurses so appallingly that a majority have felt compelled to strike.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
There will be nurses working to provide cover in certain areas of the NHS, by agreement, who are not scabs. The NHS will not shut down completely.

I believe there is a big difference between a nurse who is too concerned about the well-being of the patients under their care to strike and a factory worker making, say, cars who does not join a legal strike. There are different dimensions to the dilemma faced by workers in different jobs and most of us are lucky we do not have to face those dilemmas.

There will be nurses working to provide cover in certain areas of the NHS, by agreement, who are not scabs. The NHS will not shut down completely.
No argument there. It’s terrible that they have been pushed into this industrial action, but here we are.

D

Deleted member 49

What?

He's giving you figures on how much the pay rise would cost, can't see why it's 'bollox'.
Quite happy for my taxes to go towards a pay rise,are you not ? Let's be honest there's plenty of money,we've seen that all through covid.
Craig's scaremongering of patient care...no mention of being valued for the work they do or safe levels of staffing,what about improving working conditions so more nurses don't leave ?
Craig sounds a lot like Ferrari in my earlier post,talks the same bollox aswell.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Quite happy for my taxes to go towards a pay rise,are you not ? Let's be honest there's plenty of money,we've seen that all through covid.
Craig's scaremongering of patient care...no mention of being valued for the work they do or safe levels of staffing,what about improving working conditions so more nurses don't leave ?
Craig sounds a lot like Ferrari in my earlier post,talks the same bollox aswell.

A lot of mention about Nurses there. Is it only Nurses who are going to get the pay rise (assuming they win)?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Of course we will be allowed to moan that the government has treated nurses so appallingly that a majority have felt compelled to strike.
Of course you can. I dare say you are looking forward to the day when Keir Starmer gets in and fixes things with the exact same pay deal to the NHS as he is sticking firmly to the pay review body suggestion?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member

It isn't scare mongering. The recommendations from the RCN include staffing ED and ITU as normal, with other services and teams striking or being staffed as per Christmas Day. Well it isn't usual to go from ED to ITU without passing through other teams, operating theatres, recovery teams, all sorts, they will all be on strike if this goes ahead. Elective operations will be cancelled, out-patients you can forget. Do not be fooled by the headline services functioning as usual, they won't be able to without back-up and support.

PaulB

You clearly do not have the first idea what you're jabbering on about. Your 'figures' there are plucked out of the air and have no bearing on the actual situation. I have doubts you actually do what you're claiming you do. If I'm wrong on that, then you are a total disgrace to your profession - and I'm NOT wrong on that.

D

Deleted member 49

Remember, you are not allowed to moan when it goes bad for anyone you know, if your family have to die so I get a pay increase you have to be clear that I don't give a shit, they can all die for all I care, as long as I get a 17% pay deal.
It isn't scare mongering
There was money to bail the banks out,dodgy PPE and contracts for mates down the pub,track and trace,Billion for the DUP...that's before we get to Brexit and the ongoing cost.
We could try paying Nurses what they deserve ?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
You clearly do not have the first idea what you're jabbering on about. Your 'figures' there are plucked out of the air and have no bearing on the actual situation. I have doubts you actually do what you're claiming you do. If I'm wrong on that, then you are a total disgrace to your profession - and I'm NOT wrong on that.

But they aren't my figures, they are the Kings Fund's figures. Are you saying that the Kings Fund doesn't know their data?

Top Bottom