Strike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Just answer in the first place then, quit with all the acronym boll*x as well it makes you look a c*ck.

'CEO' isn't an acronym. And I was only trying to be polite - otherwise I'd have just referred to him as 'that bastard'.

D

Deleted member 28

'CEO' isn't an acronym. And I was only trying to be polite - otherwise I'd have just referred to him as 'that bastard'.
I know what CEO is.
Christ you are hard work. Wrth gwrs.
What's this sh*t mean?

D

Deleted member 28

Well that's shown them!

4 days lost this month and I doubt anyone even noticed.

D

Deleted member 28

My union, Prospect, is holding an indicative vote ahead of a possible formal strike ballot. I have confirmed my willingness to take action up to and including withdrawal of labour.

Well done, what are the issues surrounding your Union's dispute?

Good luck. I hope you reach a swift and satisfactory compromise with your employer.

Nurses have voted to stage strikes across the UK for the first time in their history in pursuit of a better pay deal, in a move that will seriously disrupt NHS care.

The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) announced on Wednesday that nurses at many, but not all, hospitals and other places of NHS care would take industrial action before Christmas and may continue striking until next May.

The impending strikes are likely to be the first in a potentially prolonged series of actions over the winter and into the spring by different groups of health workers. NHS bosses are bracing themselves for junior doctors, ambulance staff and others also taking action
https://www.theguardian.com/society...-on-strike-for-first-time-in-dispute-over-pay

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Good luck. I hope you reach a swift and satisfactory compromise with your employer.

Nurses have voted to stage strikes across the UK for the first time in their history in pursuit of a better pay deal, in a move that will seriously disrupt NHS care.

The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) announced on Wednesday that nurses at many, but not all, hospitals and other places of NHS care would take industrial action before Christmas and may continue striking until next May.

The impending strikes are likely to be the first in a potentially prolonged series of actions over the winter and into the spring by different groups of health workers. NHS bosses are bracing themselves for junior doctors, ambulance staff and others also taking action
https://www.theguardian.com/society...-on-strike-for-first-time-in-dispute-over-pay

Well, it will be an interesting time. Remember, you are not allowed to moan when it goes bad for anyone you know, if your family have to die so I get a pay increase you have to be clear that I don't give a shit, they can all die for all I care, as long as I get a 17% pay deal. Actually, I won't be striking so will probably be back on the frontline, and I really hope some of you rock up :laugh:

Does anyone actually realise how much this will cost? The last Kings Fund analysis (June 2021) puts the NHS staff pay bill at £56.1 billion. A 17% (RPI at 12% + 5%) increase means an increase to £65.6 billion pounds. An increase of £9 billion pounds (+/-).

To put that in to context, £1bn is the entire budget of Nottingham University NHS Trust.

This is a stupid, unwinnable strike that will cause harm to patients, harm to the NHS and harm to the reputations of staff working in it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom