Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
I'm aware that's one of the theories behind the constant misinformation, contradictions, fake news & so on - to create such broad mistrust & confusion it ultimately inspires apathy in the politically unengaged, the 'they're all the same, they're all rotten' mentality. Ultimately elections will be won by the party with the most committed, unquestioning loyalty - and that's always right-wing parties, so in our case, Bodger & the post-Vote Leave Tories.

Lucky us.

D

Deleted member 49

Corbyn, the great white hope, had two attempts and the last was a landslide to the incumbent government (Who were and are farking shoot), Labour need to appeal to the electorate not just to LWNJs.
You mean the electorate bought the lies and smears of someone who had the right ideas ? Surely you didn't fall for it 🙄

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
And that is really concerning. There is the most corrupt, idiotic and criminal gov in charge just now and people can't be arsed to vote them out. Therefore, a low turnout will give the No10 criminal cabal an excuse to continue their corruption.

Anywhere else, people would be out in the streets.

I think that the moral standards of those in public office are perceived as being so low that things that would have unquestionably been a resigning matter 30 years ago are now met with a shrug of the shoulders. There are plenty of decent politicians and public servants, we've just never heard of them because they are busy working. The system seems to favour the self-promoters, and ruthlessly ambitious grifters.

D

Deleted member 49

I think that the moral standards of those in public office are perceived as being so low that things that would have unquestionably been a resigning matter 30 years ago are now met with a shrug of the shoulders. There are plenty of decent politicians and public servants, we've just never heard of them because they are busy working. The system seems to favour the self-promoters, and ruthlessly ambitious grifters.
Whilst glossing over the fact that with Corbyn we had one of the most honest,decent politicians there's been....

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I'm not glossing over it; he seemed a decent individual, though I disagreed with some of his ideas. Whatever he was selling though the electorate didn't want.

D

Deleted member 49

Whatever he was selling though the electorate didn't want.
The media made every fecking issue about Corbyn ! Anyone who didn't vote Labour in 2019 handed this shitshow a 80 seat majority.
Out of curiosity which of his "ideas" was it you didnt like ?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Anyone who didn't vote Labour in 2019 handed this shitshow a 80 seat majority.
I voted SNP - and even if I didn't support Scotland's independence, a vote for Labour would have been a wasted vote, and might have let more Tories in.

I'm very confident that unlike Starmer, Corbyn would have been happy to have had a confidence & supply arrangement, or something of the sort, with the SNP.

And don't get me on to Scottish Labour exhorting its base to vote Tory in the 2017 GE, to 'kick the SNP out', and the consequent loss of 21 seats. Unless you're asking who was to blame for the Tories 'winning' that one.

D

Deleted member 28

It does seem most don't really give a t**s about parties, cake or whatever, I don't.

Boris should f**k off on principle because even though he did nothing more than many other people he should lead by example.

The biggest problem, as already said, is there is no alternative and most people have enough to worry about as it is.

If, on principle you vote Tory, who else would you vote for even if you thought Boris was crap?

D

Deleted member 49

I voted SNP - and even if I didn't support Scotland's independence, a vote for Labour would have been a wasted vote, and might have let more Tories in.

I'm very confident that unlike Starmer, Corbyn would have been happy to have had a confidence & supply arrangement, or something of the sort, with the SNP.

And don't get me on to Scottish Labour exhorting its base to vote Tory in the 2017 GE, to 'kick the SNP out', and the consequent loss of 21 seats. Unless you're asking who was to blame for the Tories 'winning' that one.
I think Scotland was lost to the SNP before Corbyn came in,we've Tony to thank for that.

D

Deleted member 49

It does seem most don't really give a t**s about parties, cake or whatever, I don't.

Boris should f**k off on principle because even though he did nothing more than many other people he should lead by example.

The biggest problem, as already said, is there is no alternative and most people have enough to worry about as it is.

If, on principle you vote Tory, who else would you vote for even if you thought Boris was crap?
Party's lol...like its his biggest misdemeanor.🙄
At what point does a Tory voter think "feck me,there a liabity" ?

D

Deleted member 28

Party's lol...like its his biggest misdemeanor.🙄
At what point does a Tory voter think "feck me,there a liabity" ?
You're probably right, well left, but it's the biggest thing in the News right now.

You clearly miss the point, lots of people don't give a s**t about politics.

How many don't even vote in a General?

Explain to me why the Tories keep getting in then, Labour had a decent run of it with Blair and Brown so why didn't they change enough to get the country back on their side forever?

D

Deleted member 49

You're probably right, well left, but it's the biggest thing in the News right now.

You clearly miss the point, lots of people don't give a s**t about politics.

How many don't even vote in a General?

Explain to me why the Tories keep getting in then, Labour had a decent run of it with Blair and Brown so why didn't they change enough to get the country back on their side forever?
If only I knew....but it's a shame the very people who it generally affects the most are the ones with the least interest I usually find.Too many years of false hope ?
Maybe Labour need to lie a bit more,false promises etc ? At least they'll get in....and change nothing.

The media made every fecking issue about Corbyn ! Anyone who didn't vote Labour in 2019 handed this shitshow a 80 seat majority.
Out of curiosity which of his "ideas" was it you didnt like ?
Don't forget those who wouldn't vote tactically to keep the Tories out ;-)

But it's old news. What we can do now is where we should be putting our energy....

Top Bottom