Sport - what's the attraction?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Do I want to control what other people do? No, of course not, that would be insane.
well look at what you post

it was what you posted.

I did say more than once I was assuming it was a badly worded post on your behalf.

Don't blame me for your what you posted.

Sport shouldn't be included at the end of news bulletins
Seems to be rather controlling of what people can watch.

Instead of having school sports days, the schools should have an afternoon of something, anything, that isn't sport.
Again, you are seemingly trying to prevent sport. Rather controlling behaviour.

You don't like sport, we get that, it is not a reason to prevent others hearing the news about sport or partaking in sport.

Live and let live. turn to a different channel for the few seconds any sport issue is mentioned in UK.

Sport England say sport contributed £39BILLION pounds to the UK economy, so its not suprising it is mentioned in News Programmes. A hit to the economy of £39 billion pounds is significant. Not to mention the effect it has on may people's lives. Millions every week take part in or watch sport.

Live and let live.

Your right to not like sport, doesn't equate to a right to stop others partaking in or listening to news about sport[/quote]

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
What about a good old farm show? Everybody loves a farm show. Biggest leek, silliest chicken, wooliest sheep, most disobedient dog, that sort of thing.

I saw the 'Scarecrow competition' episode of 'This Country' again the other day - hilarious..

Excrutiatingly well observed.:blush:

Especially having spent some of my teens living in a Cotswold village.:wacko:

You do know he was referring to the gearing on his bike? It was nothing to do with age at all.

Thanks yes, I know exactly what he was referring to..

Nothing related to age or gender whatsoever :okay:

Even my smallest front cog has more teeth than yr average granny - more than yr average anyone in fact .

spen666

People in glass houses and all that.
Is that the best you ccan come up with.

You may note, I have repeatedly supported your right not to enjoy or like sport.

You however want to prevent schools doing sport or TV News companies reporting the news about sport because you find it boring.

Learn to live and let live and stop trying to be a dictator

OP
OP
LCpl Boiled Egg

LCpl Boiled Egg

Regular
Is that the best you ccan come up with.

You may note, I have repeatedly supported your right not to enjoy or like sport.

You however want to prevent schools doing sport or TV News companies reporting the news about sport because you find it boring.

Learn to live and let live and stop trying to be a dictator

Maybe you could read my first reply to you again? The bit that says "Do I want to control what other people do? No, of course not, that would be insane."

spen666

Maybe you could read my first reply to you again? The bit that says "Do I want to control what other people do? No, of course not, that would be insane."

Perhaps you need to read your opening post. you want to stop schools having sports day and want to stop TV companies reporting sports news because you find it boring.

Learn to let live

PS.. Without being rude - do you suffer from schizophrenia? You seem to be advancing 2 different arguments. Your opening post and your first reply are arguing against each other. Your OP is wanting to ban things. Your 1st reply states you don't want to ban things as it would be insane. Seems you are calling yourself insane. Hence my question.

OP
OP
LCpl Boiled Egg

LCpl Boiled Egg

Regular
Perhaps you need to read your opening post. you want to stop schools having sports day and want to stop TV companies reporting sports news because you find it boring.

Learn to let live

PS.. Without being rude - do you suffer from schizophrenia? You seem to be advancing 2 different arguments. Your opening post and your first reply are arguing against each other. Your OP is wanting to ban things. Your 1st reply states you don't want to ban things as it would be insane. Seems you are calling yourself insane. Hence my question.

Yeah, because questioning someone's mental health isn't rude at all is it?

The point of my opening post was to start a discussion - in no way do I think things will be any different nor would I want to force things to be different in a dictatorial fashion.

spen666

Yeah, because questioning someone's mental health isn't rude at all is it?

The point of my opening post was to start a discussion - in no way do I think things will be any different nor would I want to force things to be different in a dictatorial fashion.

So its rude to ask a question? I even explained why I asked the question.

you are calling yourself insane. That is not the normal behaviour of someone.

You say you want to start a discussion, but get offended when someone dares to point out that what you posted appears dictatorial.
You said shools should not have sports days and TV should not be allowed to report sports news because you find it boring. That is not starting a discussion, it is dictating what others should or should not do.

You carry on calling yourself insane, I'm going to go out and enjoy a bit of sport in this lovely weather and enjoy life. The difference between us is I can accept your have the right to dislike something

OP
OP
LCpl Boiled Egg

LCpl Boiled Egg

Regular
So its rude to ask a question? I even explained why I asked the question.

you are calling yourself insane. That is not the normal behaviour of someone.

No, I said "Do I want to control what other people do? No, of course not, that would be insane."

I am not calling myself insane.

You carry on calling yourself insane, I'm going to go out and enjoy a bit of sport in this lovely weather and enjoy life. The difference between us is I can accept your have the right to dislike something

I'm not. Please do. Have a great time. Bye now.

swansonj

Regular

Learn to let live

P.S. without being rude, are you perhaps pissed, or high on drugs, or perhaps going through a nasty relationship breakdown? Your posts display a remarkable dogged determination not to understand the nature of the conversation, and to express yourself in a particularly aggressive manner. Hence my question.

mudsticks

Squire
Perhaps you need to read your opening post. you * want to stop schools having sports day and *want to stop TV companies reporting sports news because you find it boring.

Learn to let live

Hope the fresh air restores your sense of humour..

*Even if he really wanted to - he can't ban televised sport , or sports days, can he ...

I believe* lcpble was having a little Josh around, maybe even poking fun at himself in the process..??

As were the rest of us.

Howsabout that for an idea.??

icowden

Legendary Member
PS.. Without being rude - do you suffer from schizophrenia? You seem to be advancing 2 different arguments.

Let me help. This is a discussion site. The OP posted a position to stimulate debate. It is quite common when initiating a debate to make a polarised statement in the expectation that it will be refuted. The "I think this... how will you persuade me otherwise".

Secondarily, you then delve into mental health by advancing the wholly incorrect trope that Schizophrenia = dissociative identity disorder. We might as well ask if you are autistic given your literal interpretation of the posts but this would be intrusive and rude - do you see?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Sat down all the way... umm... er... no.
But I have an excuse (or several if I'm pushed).
I have always found it easier to climb hills sitting in the saddle rather than standing on the pedals. But then I always believe in doing it in the easiest available gear. In my case every gear I am in, on every occasion, is a grandad gear.

Top Bottom