Scandi noir....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
People like you ?

Ordinary people are always people like you.

Ordinary people come with all sorts of attitudes.

Calling the electorate thick, stupid, gullible will only drive people further towards those ideologies rather than away from them.
The electorate that votes for a neo Nazi party is thick, stupid and most definitely gullible.

It is only by understanding what motivates people and dealing with those issues that you are going to stop the growth in support for the far right ideologies
Racism is a pretty good motivator for voting for a neo Nazi party.

Last edited:

icowden

Legendary Member
Don't forget the 3.5 million (approx, depending on the poll) on the right wing of the left wing party who were also desperate to leave. They were pretty critical in the outcome, whoever knew that Labour supporters could be so racist?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48039984
Absolutely. And it is a great demonstration of the way in which repeated lies can be used to whip up a frenzy of distrust, as well as a good example of the way in which the extremes of the political spectrum often have things in common.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Absolutely. And it is a great demonstration of the way in which repeated lies can be used to whip up a frenzy of distrust, as well as a good example of the way in which the extremes of the political spectrum often have things in common.

You really believe that 3.5m (approx) Labour voters are extremists?

icowden

Legendary Member
You really believe that 3.5m (approx) Labour voters are extremists?

I'm prepared to believe that out of 10.5 million labour voters in the last election a third of them are on the extreme left, yes. I'm prepared to believe that a similar number of Tory voters are on the extreme right.
That wasn't the only factor however, Weak leadership from Corbyn and the refusal to take any position played into the hands of the leave campaign and allowed the leave lies to propagate.

There are hundreds of examples of people who voted leave without realising that it would be the end of their livelihood for example.

spen666

The electorate that votes for a neo Nazi party is thick, stupid and most definitely gullible.

Racism is a pretty good motivator for voting for a neo Nazi party.

Once again you repeat the mistakes that have caused the left to lose all elections and referendums in last 12 or more years.
Because someone has a different view to you, doesn't make them thick, stupid or gullible nor are they necessarily racist.

People chose to vote based on lots of different reasons.

To insult people who do not share your views is not going to win anyone to your point of view, and is going to ensure parties supporting your views will find it harder to get elected.

What is needed is understanding of why people do not agree with your views ( that is very different from agreeing with their views, but is about understanding why they reach those views), and working to overcome those reasons. Childish insulting and name calling is not the way to make friends and influence people, other than within your own existing band of fellow view holders.

Unless of course you actually do not want power, because its easier to sit on side-lines and insult those who do try to exercise the power

Last edited:
People who vote for neo Nazi parties are farkwits. How do they think it will end if neo Nazis gain power? So these farkwits are either stupid, gullible or racist. It's not up to me to engage with them, especially as they live in a different country. So let me have my opinion and let me engage in name calling because the neo Nazis they're voting for will do things a million times worse to people they don't like.

spen666

People who vote for neo Nazi parties are farkwits. How do they think it will end if neo Nazis gain power? So these farkwits are either stupid, gullible or racist. It's not up to me to engage with them, especially as they live in a different country. So let me have my opinion and let me engage in name calling because the neo Nazis they're voting for will do things a million times worse to people they don't like.

I'm more than happy for you to alienate the electorate you need to get parties supporting your views into power.

The only losers are the left wing parties and their followers who fail to realise you need to encourage people to support your views if you want power...unless of course you don't want power and prefer to spend your life abusing those who do win elections

Its incredible that people do not seem to understand that in a democracy you need to encourage people to vote for you, not alienate them. Some people would say those who do not understand this are the real "farkwits" and stupid or gullible

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Obviously, many people do not see them as neo Nazis though. They are not going to call themselves Nazi Parties. For those people the label Nazis is the label for those nasty people in uniforms who committed genocide, put millions of people into concentration camps and invaded other countries, and do not see the current far right politicians in the same light as those earlier people because they are not doing, or promising to do those things. And no civilised country would ever do those things these days, would they?

Whether they would do those things if given enough power is a moot point, but the way to go about avoiding it is, imo, to provide better alternatives to vote for, to attack the politicians and their policies, not the people, in your rather self-indulgent opinion dismissed as farkwits, who might be misled into voting for them in an attempt to resolve the problems they think they are facing in their country...caused in their opinion by the established political parties.

slowmotion

Have you considered going on some kind of charm-offensive course? Telling voters that they are c**ts probably won't be productive.
Just a suggestion.

Top Bottom