Runners and riders for the Tory Party leadership...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed

View: https://twitter.com/DerbyDuck/status/1508046324008165384?s=20

Man Of The People.

The impossibly wealthy, privileged, entitled people, of course.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Our next PM could be someone called Bad Enoch?

And there was me thinking thinking things were already bad enough.

StuAff

Penny Mordaunt: The other current favourite, reinforcing the notion that the less you know about these people, the better they look.
I've known about her for over 25 years. And I certainly wasn't impressed back then. Admittedly, given the alternatives, she is the least-worst of the local Tory bunch. Braverman, FFS. Caroline Dinenage- How? did she get nominated in the first place? Mrs Flick Drummond, as she appeared on the list for PMQs- how quaint. A plummy-voiced fifties throwback (not sure which fifties) who, once ejected from Portsmouth South by Stephen Morgan, got parachuted into the nice safe Meon Valley seat- populated by people who think they live in 'the country' when they're a few miles from Portsmouth, Southampton, Winchester or all of the above, and in election time resembles a one-party state in the 1930s. Alan Mak, whose recent ministerial appointment resembles not scraping the bottom of the barrel, nor the underside of the barrel, but the damp crushed soil underneath. Paul Holmes. What you get when your sitting MP ('Mims' Davies) steps down at an election to spend more time with her kids in her home area of East Sussex, then a mere nine days later finds herself a plum seat- vacated by Nicholas Soames- right there (what are the chances, eh?). A venal, hypocritical bunch of mediocrities. But, like much of the south, all is blue (Portsmouth South an honourable exception). Jeremy Corbyn/Keir Starmer/Ed Davey/The Second Coming must be worse, right?

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member

I just read the Twitter thread. It's prompted a denial from Johnson's spokesperson.

A spokesperson for Boris Johnson said reports that he is planning to stand down as Prime Minister on Monday in order to run again for Tory leader are completely untrue.
Johnson resigned as leader of the Conservative Party on Thursday, but said he intends to remain in office until his successor is elected, PA Media reported. [Guardian]​
So, there we have it. The word of Johnson's office so we can be 100% reassured. And, of course, we've all seen his resignation letter, haven't we?

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I've known about her for over 25 years. And I certainly wasn't impressed back then. Admittedly, given the alternatives, she is the least-worst of the local Tory bunch. Braverman, FFS. Caroline Dinenage- How? did she get nominated in the first place? Mrs Flick Drummond, as she appeared on the list for PMQs- how quaint. A plummy-voiced fifties throwback (not sure which fifties) who, once ejected from Portsmouth South by Stephen Morgan, got parachuted into the nice safe Meon Valley seat- populated by people who think they live in 'the country' when they're a few miles from Portsmouth, Southampton, Winchester or all of the above, and in election time resembles a one-party state in the 1930s. Alan Mak, whose recent ministerial appointment resembles not scraping the bottom of the barrel, nor the underside of the barrel, but the damp crushed soil underneath. Paul Holmes. What you get when your sitting MP ('Mims' Davies) steps down at an election to spend more time with her kids in her home area of East Sussex, then a mere nine days later finds herself a plum seat- vacated by Nicholas Soames- right there (what are the chances, eh?). A venal, hypocritical bunch of mediocrities. But, like much of the south, all is blue (Portsmouth South an honourable exception). Jeremy Corbyn/Keir Starmer/Ed Davey/The Second Coming must be worse, right?

I cannot stand Penny Mordaunt. I absolutely cannot stand the woman. Huge mistake if she gets the job.

Top Bottom