Roast in the Bag?

How should I cook the Roast in the Bag duck?

• Haven't you seen Great British Menu? Sous vide or nothing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Given Jobbybear's interest in your cooking, his complete lack of manners and the fact you both live in Wales he might turn up uninvited. @theclaud I think you should have an appropriate beverage ready in case he does.
1658684436150.png

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I could take it down. I think the only thing I'd have with it would be sauce.

But duck fat's ideal for roast potatoes.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Given Jobbybear's interest in your cooking, his complete lack of manners and the fact you both live in Wales he might turn up uninvited. @theclaud I think you should have an appropriate beverage ready in case he does.

Another grandioso prick of epic proportions………and you all said name calling wasnt a part of this forum. Its a bigger joke than its members

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Should be on the plate by now!
I think the bigger question is is she going to eat all of it herself when it says it serves 3?

I have eaten more than a third of it, but less than half! It was nice - the skin did crisp up on top. I had some mash with it, and some garlic braised cavolo nero. The gravy was a bit uninspired - when you open up the bag you find there's a weird sort of nappy underneath which has stolen a load of the juices. If I happen across another cheapo duck in a bag I would add more flavour to the duck itself. You could try whacking a nice sharp, syrupy glaze or some five-spice on at the moment of opening the bag, but I'm not sure a glaze will hold well at that point.

IMG_20220724_184131377.jpg

IMG_20220724_184723464.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom