Re-joining the EU

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
Am I wrong then?

For the last few years we have been told the referendum was advisory and should be ignored, by people who wished to remain.

So remain if the result was remain, remain if the vote was leave.

Feel free to offer another interpretation of that situation.

We know it was advisory. Who said it should be ignored? Anyone here?
My point stands.

For the last few years we have been told the referendum was advisory and should be ignored, by people who wished to remain.

I think it’s a bit more complicated than that.

The advice from a poll with such a narrow margin was surely that there was limited public appetite for the consequences of a hard exit. That’s not ignoring, it’s listening.

But here we are.

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

I think it’s a bit more complicated than that.

The advice from a poll with such a narrow margin was surely that there was limited public appetite for the consequences of a hard exit. That’s not ignoring, it’s listening.

But here we are.

That is your spin on it. The poll did not ask about whether people wanted a hard brexit, a soft Brexit or anything other than Leave or Remain

That is your spin on it. The poll did not ask about whether people wanted a hard brexit, a soft Brexit or anything other than Leave or Remain

It was poorly designed, presumably because Cameron thought it would be a simple way to settle the matter.

It was the job of our politicians to interpret the result in order to maximise the benefits (to the people, not just their financiers) / minimise the harm. Does anyone think that has been done?

Can we agree that 52% did not demand the shambles we have now?

FishFright

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
There is no hope is there .

Don't say that. How about Nicola gets independence, then, they move the border South, to say, Watford. The new enlarged Scotland joins the EU. What's not to like, unless you live South of Watford. Actually, they only have to move the border to Middlesboro, and I will be happy. ;)

Last edited:

FishFright

Don't say that. How about Nicola gets independence, then, they move the border South, to say, Watford. The new enlarged Scotland joins the EU. What's not to like, unless you live South of Watford. Actually, they only have to move the border to Middlesboro, and I will be happy. ;)

I think that's a pretty good plan but extend its borders to surround Westminster.

D

Deleted member 49

Imagine if the Tories elected a remain PM and they ran their next election campaign on re joining....feck that'd be a laugh ^_^

Top Bottom