Priti Nazi....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Joking aside....what does it take for a Tory voter to see what's right in front of them and think,feck this goverment have been a disaster.Im presuming you've had a look at the covid report ? That alone should finish Johnson and his cronies.

It's embarrassment. They know they've been conned but don't want to admit to it or be reminded of the fact that they were conned.

Hence the snarky/abusive/angry comments from some of our resident flagsh$$$$$s.

D

Deleted member 49

It's embarrassment. They know they've been conned but don't want to admit to it or be reminded of the fact that they were conned.

No I'm not too sure...I mean the covid disaster isn't really about being conned.Its fecking tragic,heartbreaking to read we really let people die.On a human level this goes way beyond a mistake.Yet Barclay refuses to apologize saying he hasn't read the report ffs ! I think it's hard to accept how terrible our handling of the pandemic has been.

Pale Rider

Veteran

How have I been conned?

I can't recall what was said in the manifesto about asylum seekers, but the Guardian summary of this bill looks reasonable to me.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Sensible measure by the government.

That a few leftie lawyers are getting into a lather about it is neither here nor there.
Not even if they are right in their opinion of the legal issues?

Should rightie lawyers have more influence than leftie lawyers? That was a rhetorical question by the way, no need for an answer.

Not even if they are right in their opinion of the legal issues?

That is the key point.

The team behind the report may, or may not, be lefty. What's the definition of a lefty lawyer?

There are plenty of other sources, including the UN, expressing doubts about whether denying asylum protection based on the mode of arrival complies with treaty obligations. Not just the ECHR but others too addressing the consequences of such regulation in the past, not least regarding those who were eventually victims of the Nazis.

Beebo

Veteran
Victims?

They come here illegally and get exploited by their own ilk, f**k 'em!
Come on Shep. You must have some empathy with their plight. We would all do the same if the tables were turned.
And the real kicker is that Patel’s own family were asylum seekers from Uganda so it’s staggering that she now lacks any empathy.

Archie_tect

Come on Shep. You must have some empathy with their plight. We would all do the same if the tables were turned.
And the real kicker is that Patel’s own family were asylum seekers from Uganda so it’s staggering that she now lacks any empathy.
She displays a raw, naked ambition to succeed at any cost, which is a dangerous trait- the Tory Party should be very wary of her aspirations. Having said that so do Gove and Johnson, but they aren't as explicit and hide behind a bumbling facade. I can't think of a single Cabinet member in this Government who is taking any leadership or who I'd trust in place of inept Johnson and his team of incompetents.

Last edited:
She loves watching when their heads eventually sink under the waves.

0B9A847C-0D7F-4C84-B5C9-FECCFCEF9C84.jpeg

mudsticks

Squire
I don't understand why they would draft a bill that contravenes Human Rights legislation, in so many ways.

Surely they'd get proper lawyers to check their homework, for such glitches, before handing it in.??

I also don't understand the prediction s that it will get voted through.

Surely the majority, if not most voters whatever their politics, are not going to approve their MP trying to vote through a bill which is unlawful.

The people drafting this bill and trying to push it through parliament are wasting public money, and public resources such as civil servants.

They're also reinforcing the idea, already held in many places, that this country seems to have 'lost it's way'.

Politically, socially and morally.

Top Bottom