Priti Nazi....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
So, given that the Conservatives have been in power for 12 years, what exactly do you think the other parties can have achieved?
Other than being toothless / useless / a waste of opposition space?

It doesn't help that the prominent Tories make such easy targets of themselves.

The bold bit, agreed.

I like to look beyond the immediate (subjective, I know) but, I seem to remember a scandal or two with previous (none Conservative) Governments.

Perhaps, I just like to be even handed, or, to use the current popular term to be "fair".

icowden

Legendary Member
I like to look beyond the immediate (subjective, I know) but, I seem to remember a scandal or two with previous (none Conservative) Governments.

I agree, but we are focused on the current shower in power and not the previous. I have few good words for warmonger Blair (although some of the Brown / Blair policies were sound - e.g. Sure Start) for example, and none at all for Corbyn.

The current shower have taken corruption to a level never before seen. Never before has a PM openly broken the law, or tried to get his party to change laws to get their mates off. This lot really need to be stopped before we reach crisis point.

I expected what I've got - threads endlessly diverted by scattergun abuse of the Tories, despite there being at least two threads dedicated to doing so.

My question remains.

Do you inject random abuse of Tories into your everyday conversations?

If any party deserves abuse it’s the Tories.

I know that you’re still embarrassed that you voted for them and that you cannot bring yourself to admit that the huge death toll and rampant corruption is not what you expected. But, you will have to admit that your attempts at defending this is doomed to failure.

mudsticks

Squire
Imagine having such low expectations of your 'leaders'

You're not concerned that they be even vaguely competent, honest, or have a shred of scruple or ethic.

Whatever they do , no matter how awful.

Just 'not being the opposition' is enough for you.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I expected what I've got - threads endlessly diverted by scattergun abuse of the Tories, despite there being at least two threads dedicated to doing so.

My question remains.

Do you inject random abuse of Tories into your everyday conversations?
And do you ever give concrete examples of the good the Tories are doing rather than inject random abuse of people who have the effrontery to criticise the Tories for the bad they are doing into your everyday conversations?

The lack of any substance in your posts, and their repetitiveness, is quite surprising for a person whose job is writing, hopefully based on facts.

The Crofted Crest

Perhaps @Pale Rider could pick a successful Tory policy at random and start a thread on it.
His unquestioning admiration is such there must be lots to choose from: the thousands of unnecessary corona deaths, sleaze, corruption, lies, chronyism, Brexit, HS2, the £20 uplift, PPE,COP26.
Any of the loyal running dogs: Patel, Hancock, Truss, Grayling (!!), Cummings
Going back a bit further: the Big Society, austerity, we're all in it together.
There are enough examples of good governance here to fill a tombola drum. So give it a spin, Paley, stick your hand in and pull out a winning ticket (try not to get your fingers dirty on the pumping raw sewage into rivers ticket).

Or was it all just a fetish for Maggie's ankles and Teresa's bootees?

mudsticks

Squire
Thankfully there are some working in law, still prepared to hold the government to account.

Not afraid to stand up for what's right, not just endlessly pursue 'the most profitable'

https://www.law360.com/articles/1442138/the-activist-lawyer-suing-uk-gov-t-over-crony-covid-deals

Pale Rider

Veteran
My, my, what anger.

Perhaps my expectations are too low, but I've never experienced a government of any colour which could be described as brilliant.

If we are to have more of the same, better it be Conservative.

Archie_tect

I'll give Johnson and his crimes until summer 2022 before he and his cronies are herded out en masse and the next lot are handed the job of blaming this lot for everything, just in time for the next election when they'll start with a completely clean slate in the eyes of the faithful.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I'll give Johnson and his crimes until summer 2022 before he and his cronies are herded out en masse and the next lot are handed the job of blaming this lot for everything, just in time for the next election when they'll start with a completely clean slate in the eyes of the faithful.

The idea is to have another Conservative government next time.

Sticking the knife into Boris will be done with barely a second thought if it looks likely to achieve that aim.

However, he has had the Midas touch with elections in the past, so that record will always be a consideration.

Archie_tect

The idea is to have another Conservative government next time.

Sticking the knife into Boris will be done with barely a second thought if it looks likely to achieve that aim.

However, he has had the Midas touch with elections in the past, so that record will always be a consideration.
Surely the record is stuck by now PR?
... he is a liability even for the most emphatic of Conservative supporters, which is good for anyone who isn't but that is a dangerous game to play these days.

Top Bottom