Prince Andrew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
That's just a picture?

This is the transcript:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50449339

Thanks for correcting the link! Not sure why I did that. I've missed the edit window for the original post.

Milkfloat

No shes not a child at 17…..legally she can have sex at 16 and therefore children, so no hes not a nonce “if” she was 17 at the time of the so called sexual event

Not in the US Virgin Islands where the offence was alleged to have occurred. If true, it was second degree rape https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_the_United_States#United_States_Virgin_Islands

§ 1702. Rape in the second degree
(a) Any person over 18 years of age who perpetrates under circumstances not amounting to rape in the first degree, an act of sexual intercourse or sodomy with a person not the perpetrator's spouse who is at least 16 years but less than 18 years of age, and the perpetrator is 5 years or older than the victim, is guilty of rape in the second degree and shall be imprisoned not more than 10 years.

slowmotion

He maybe can't but I can. It's about coercion. If the sex is consensual there isn't an issue. As soon as there is an element of coercion with the 16/17 age bracket, statutory offences are committed. So if she was trafficked that would count as coercion, and thus an offence occurred.
I don't understand who is doing the coercing, the trafficker or the person having paid or unpaid sex with the trafficked party when they might not know about the trafficking.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Have you considered trying being less gnomic?

LOL.

icowden

Legendary Member
I don't understand who is doing the coercing, the trafficker or the person having paid or unpaid sex with the trafficked party when they might not know about the trafficking.
It's arguable in court. A good defence Barrister will of course try to argue that their client was not aware that the girl had been trafficked or was being coerced into a sexual relationship. Whether the Jury will buy that a 41 year old prince had no idea that the 17 year old he was alleged to have had a relationship with was being coerced / trafficked by his friends is another matter...

Top Bottom