Prince Andrew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
I do like the "Give me an extraordinarily detailed answer to this really rather complicated situation or problem, even if it involves complex economic forecasts, ages old institutions, and is multifaceted and nuanced in its nature. Show your workings out and make accurate predictions for future events", that get slung in on certain threads.

:laugh:

And trubble is mugs like me, will often go in for the full essay reply...

And then of course it's tl;dr

^_^

mudsticks

Squire
My boring Garabaldi story....

In 1983, my heroes came to visit.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOA1WVqkngM

For me, there was only ONE to watch, the South African Shaun Thompson (8m 10s into the video) - it's his footage on the Old spice advert of old.
As kids on holiday in Cornwall ,my Dad would take me to see the surf-movies that would tour the village halls of Devon and Cornwall where we'd watch the stars of the day, Thomson, Mark 'wounded Gull' Richards, Gerry Lopez, riding the breaks of Hawaii, Bali, South Africa, Australia. Shaun Thompson was my hero, with his fluid effortless style.
And then in 1983 with my mates, a camera with telephoto lens, and a packet of Garibaldis, I was there on Fistral beach watching the competition and taking photos.
At one point we were walking along the beach and there standing on his own was Shaun, just out of the water after a practice on our puny Cornish waves. Bold as brass my mate Reggie strolled right-up and started chatting to him and the rest of us followed.
In my hand was the packet of Garabaldis which I duly shared with my hero as we chatted, on 'my' beach in the summer of 83.

Childhood dreams that last a lifetime are made in these moments....

Minor sporting celebrity biscuit stories..

Very wholesome 👍🏼👍🏼

I do like the "Give me an extraordinarily detailed answer to this really rather complicated situation or problem, even if it involves complex economic forecasts, ages old institutions, and is multifaceted and nuanced in its nature. Show your workings out and make accurate predictions for future events", that get slung in on certain threads.

It was only a biscuit story....

matticus

Guru

Oh you silly Billy! Are you referring to MY post?

Don't you see, all I wanted was something beyond:
Remove the symbol. That'll do it.

Of course many replies were just:
But the monarchy's bad! Didn't you hear me the first time?!?

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Keir Starmer's been to Pizza Express, so it's hypocrisy. Or summat.
One rule for pizza eaters y'all approve of, and another for....

Strewth! My whole life just flashed before my eyes. I think I came close to boring myself to death.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Oh you silly Billy! Are you referring to MY post?
Don't you see, all I wanted was something beyond:
Remove the symbol. That'll do it.
Of course many replies were just:
But the monarchy's bad! Didn't you hear me the first time?!?

If that's all you got out of the responses it explains even more about your blinkered posting style and limited ability to think for yourself.

mudsticks

Squire
Keir Starmer's been to Pizza Express, so it's hypocrisy. Or summat.
One rule for pizza eaters y'all approve of, and another for....

Strewth! My whole life just flashed before my eyes. I think I came close to boring myself to death.
Full disclosure..

I've had lunch with that one of Queenies sons that generally keeps his head down..
And his wife

The lunch was very nice, in part cos I'd supplied quite a lot of the ingredients.

The company variable..

Oh and I also demonstrated a ripple tank to Princess Anne in our schools physics lab..

What a strange and random series of encounters they must have 🤔

No wonder they're all a bit unhinged...

Top Bottom