Poppies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

To be fair, getting hold of cash is now a chore, and it only comes as paper plastic money unless you queue at a counter. I use cash solely for haircuts and Wednesday breakfast. Both are round figures, so no change given, which at least means I no longer have to regularly repair my trouser pockets. Perhaps ATMs could be converted to dispense coins, a bit like fruit machines.
Sorry for last reply deleted as didn't read it correctly.
I allways carry cash personally speaking and allways tip.Wouldnt really go out without cash in my pocket.Sam Smiths don't take card either 😁

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Take some change then ! Poor excuse not to tip.

Did I say I didn’t tip? I make a point of having cash, to do just that, but, perhaps, not everyone does that. I said “I suspect” not “I know”….

I appreciate that, unlike @Ian H , I will not merit an apology ;)

D

Deleted member 49

Did I say I didn’t tip? I make a point of having cash, to do just that, but, perhaps, not everyone does that. I said “I suspect” not “I know”….

I appreciate that, unlike @Ian H , I will not merit an apology ;)
I'm sorry I hurt your feeling,that ok.
If you don't tip,you don't tip.Card or not.That applies to anyone 🙄

OP
OP
matticus

matticus

Guru
Even since Covid we always have a stash of change in the house - it makes sense, as there are still machines around that need it.
Almost always carry folding cash with me too [some businesses don't take cards, and technology sometimes fails].

But I do not automatically tip. Bite me!

D

Deleted member 49

Even since Covid we always have a stash of change in the house - it makes sense, as there are still machines around that need it.
Almost always carry folding cash with me too [some businesses don't take cards, and technology sometimes fails].

But I do not automatically tip. Bite me!
You started so well......

Beebo

Veteran
Can’t people hold two different positions.
Remembering the British sacrifices in WW2 and criticism of the Gaza bombings?

It’s quite clearly a WW2 bomber. We all know that the carpet bombing towards the end of the war was questionable, but the bomber crews suffered huge losses too.

Can’t people hold two different positions.
Remembering the British sacrifices in WW2 and criticism of the Gaza bombings?

Yes they can, but my guess is that they probably don’t.

This looks to me like a fetishisation of war, not respectful remembrance of sacrifice.

Beebo

Veteran

This looks to me like a fetishisation of war, not respectful remembrance of sacrifice.

Really, it’s just a wooden Lancaster bomber on top of a postbox.
My mum’s WI group make these postbox toppers all the time. Not sure if they have ever done a remembrance one, but it’s just a group of old women making stuff with little thought about global political nuances.

Really, it’s just a wooden Lancaster bomber on top of a postbox.

If you look at the main photo there’s a hell of a lot more than that going on.

My late father-in-law served in the RA during and after the war. I know he would have been horrified by this sort of excess. For him, and as a result for me too, it’s about remembrance, respect, and regret, not celebration.

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Mary Whitehouse used to see depravity in things that most/many others didn't. Perhaps the problem was with her?

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I shouldn’t have an opinion about this because Whitehouse once thought some things about some other things? Where will it end?

No issue with anyone having opinions...or people questioning those opinions. This forum would mostly consist of one post threads otherwise.

Opinions are...well I'm sure you know the rest.

Top Bottom