Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
The factory is just down the road from me, it's been Cooper tyres for a long time. Presumably they're moving production to get around the brexit red tape - apparently they export a lot to the EU. The company is apparently considering moving production to either the EU or (bizzarely) Siberia. 300 jobs would be a big loss for Melksham though.

When did Siberia join the EU?, or, even, the Customs Union?

Poacher

Regular
When did Siberia join the EU?, or, even, the Customs Union?

Probably a mistype - they have a factory in Serbia.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Congratulations to the brexit voters of Wiltshire, Avon tyres is shutting up shop and moving production to the continent. The brexit triumph continues!
Apropos of absolutely nothing, I have Avon tyres on my Speed Triple, which was made at the old Hinckley factory before if burned down & Triumph went "sod this, let's build our British motorbikes in Thailand".

At least my bike's not a 'Brexit Triumph'! :becool:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Probably a mistype - they have a factory in Serbia.

Possibly. At least one local manufacturer I am aware of near me, upsticks and moved to Hungary after Brexit. May have been coincidence of course, but, they had been in their “old” location for 50+ years.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Have you been lying through your teeth Georgie?

I was a minister, I had to lie....it says so much about current politics.

albion

Veteran
"Government departments advised him to seek out new business in “emerging markets”, counsel he said was risible given the huge market on Britain’s doorstep"

Code for 'you are cfuked mate"

Top Bottom