Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is the west cliff site...

Don't tell me You've been at the other site on the east cliff.

Bloody typical.
Yep, because the I wasn't getting any action in my Dacia on the West cliff...not posh enough....

D

Deleted member 28

Don't know if this is good news or bad news, hell, I'm not even sure if it belongs here, in the Covid thread or somewhere else, the only thing, it seems, I'm sure of, is I'm not sure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59949697
To me it seems like good News and it doesn't really matter what's caused it but I dare say someone will suffer and it's bound to be down to either Brexit, the Tories or both.

D

Deleted member 28

Good news ? meanwhile min wage 15 quid a hour....feck that !
Is it?

Or you think it should be £15?

I agree but would everyone be willing to pay for the extra that things would then cost or the rise in taxes to cover that pay increase?

D

Deleted member 49

Is it?

Or you think it should be £15?

I agree but would everyone be willing to pay for the extra that things would then cost or the rise in taxes to cover that pay increase?
Well we're all paying for this lot in goverment to go on the piss....share a bit of it around ?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
"Newly qualified lawyers at the best-known firms"

I used to work in graduate recruitment and, being realistic the few top legal firms have always paid over-the-top graduate salaries. There will be very, very few graduates getting these jobs and they will usually be top degree holders from top universities with family connections and/or public schools who would be sought after by other companies.
Your local high street solicitors will be paying nowhere near those salaries.

D

Deleted member 28

"Newly qualified lawyers at the best-known firms"

I used to work in graduate recruitment and, being realistic the few top legal firms have always paid over-the-top graduate salaries. There will be very, very few graduates getting these jobs and they will usually be top degree holders from top universities with family connections and/or public schools who would be sought after by other companies.
Your local high street solicitors will be paying nowhere near those salaries.
I knew it was too good to be true, oh well, back to normal. :rolleyes:

Talk about always looking on the black side, of all the positive parts of the report you pick one you can turn into a negative.

I bet your glass is not only half empty but some Tory fooker has just kicked that over!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I knew it was too good to be true, oh well, back to normal. :rolleyes:

Talk about always looking on the black side, of all the positive parts of the report you pick one you can turn into a negative.

I bet your glass is not only half empty but some Tory fooker has just kicked that over!
Just realistic about something I actually know something about, rather than limiting myself to clickbait headlines.

Sometimes there's interesting stuff behind the headlines, You ought to try reading some yourself, you might actually learn something. I'm sure you can afford the occasional newspaper being so comfortably off, or do you limit your reading to the Wolves matchday programmes.

D

Deleted member 28

Just realistic about something I actually know something about, rather than limiting myself to clickbait headlines.

Sometimes there's interesting stuff behind the headlines, You ought to try reading some yourself, you might actually learn something. I'm sure you can afford the occasional newspaper being so comfortably off, or do you limit your reading to the Wolves matchday programmes.
I read the entire article which is why I know there was more in it than the small section you chose to focus on, nice try.

PaulB

I read the entire article which is why I know there was more in it than the small section you chose to focus on, nice try.
You posted that at a quarter to one in the morning. The other simpleton used to do that a lot until it was pointed out to you- erm, him I mean.

Top Bottom