Novak Djokovic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cirrus

Game, Set and Match to the Australian Govt.

Unanimous decision from the 3 judges to send him home.

This is a Good Thing.
Indeed, though no one has come out of it looking particularly good.

They need to baseline the regs so they can ace it when they have the next match up, no love has been shown so definitely no love all around, they seem to have themselves caught in tramlines of their own making and evidence was a faint as chalkdust, which they need to improve if they are to net further offenders. If they do then it'll be a tour de force a regular grand slam for the authorities.

Indeed, though no one has come out of it looking particularly good.

They need to baseline the regs so they can ace it when they have the next match up, no love has been shown so definitely no love all around, they seem to have themselves caught in tramlines of their own making and evidence was a faint as chalkdust, which they need to improve if they are to net further offenders. If they do then it'll be a tour de force a regular grand slam for the authorities.
GS&M to Cirrus :notworthy:

PK99

Regular
Game, Set and Match to the Australian Govt.

Unanimous decision from the 3 judges to send him home.

This is a Good Thing.

And an interesting spin on the State vs National Govt tensions that have become clear over the Pandemic. Victoria had a vested (financial, tournament status) interest in letting him in, National Govt had higher priorities wrt closed international borders.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
And an interesting spin on the State vs National Govt tensions that have become clear over the Pandemic. Victoria had a vested (financial, tournament status) interest in letting him in, National Govt had higher priorities wrt closed international borders.

Nice to see it is all peace and harmony, just like in the UK ;)

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Call me a nasty person, but I hope lots of investigative journalists are ferreting away to discover how he came to get that positive test result at precisely the time he thought he needed it.
Possibly the same place that Johnson came into contact with a "family member" with Covid at precisely the time he needed to to avoid more questions and plan his next lies steps.

D

Deleted member 49

Hostage negotiator Nigel seems a bit pissed off ...the irony lol

matticus

Guru
Lucky Loser? I can think of much better phrases to use but that does seem a very Australian way of putting it.
Naa mate. Strewth cobber ... etc ...

It's a long-established sporting phrase for this kind of situation (and others e.g. playoffs to qualify from 3rd place in a group, that sort of thing).

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Naa mate. Strewth cobber ... etc ...

It's a long-established sporting phrase for this kind of situation (and others e.g. playoffs to qualify from 3rd place in a group, that sort of thing).
I'd never heard it before. I think I'd prefer 'reserve qualifier' or 'standby competitor' or something. I'm probably overthinking it, especially if it's an established phrase.

Top Bottom