Novak Djokovic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Major city rates, once cheap at the weekend, are now inflated by the weekend break and stag/hen crowd.

Pre pandemic we found getting places in Liverpool while visiting our son to be a 'mare.

I reckon it's all these so called 'asylum seekers' coming over here, and pushing up the tariffs.. :wacko:

Strange decision. Can of worms for the Aussie govt. None of this will end well.
Seems another case of one rule for the wealthy or famous and one for the rest....

Mugshot

Über Member
Farage's involvement is just...bizarre.
He's just got to be trolling us, surely!

1641807416181.png

swansonj

Regular
Djokovic is relying on a covid infection he had in December for his entry to Australia. He needed an infection in the six months before entry. So, presumably, if he hadn't had the sheer bad luck to catch covid in December, he would not have sought entry and would have gracefully and voluntarily withdrawn from the competition? The alternatives seem to be that he contracted his second covid infection deliberately ... or that he didn't actually have it?

Djokovic is relying on a covid infection he had in December for his entry to Australia. He needed an infection in the six months before entry. So, presumably, if he hadn't had the sheer bad luck to catch covid in December, he would not have sought entry and would have gracefully and voluntarily withdrawn from the competition? The alternatives seem to be that he contracted his second covid infection deliberately ... or that he didn't actually have it?

.....guess it boils down to 'Exemption status'.....
Also, I saw there are potentially differing rules depending on which state you arrive into. For those who want to look into the details....

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/australia
https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/travel-restrictions

Right now, I need to get myself into Austria tomorrow and Hungary Wed and Thurs....

The original decision was struck down as procedurally unfair; Immigration Officers agreed to give him extra time and a rest break then reneged on that. So far as I can ascertain from the reports there was no consideration of the actual rules for entry and whether his Covid infection in December was sufficient.

Trouble with Judicial Review as a remedy, at least in a UK context, is that the authority can re-make the decision only this time doing so in a way which is fair.

BBC now reporting that Oz govt won't do anything else today (Australian time).

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I would expect an elite sportsperson and their management to be very very familiar with testing requirements, protocols and procedures. Their career literally depends on it. Basically that means that the Australian authorities need to realise that they are up against someone who manipulates biomedical testing for a living. They need to make sure they do things properly.

icowden

Legendary Member
Top Bottom