Novak Djokovic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Not a tennis fan, and, don’t have an view on Djokovic as a person, but, nice to see the Australians have the balls to enforce their rules. Hopefully, they will not weaken.

It is indeed good that he doesn't get away with claiming an exemption he is not entitled too, personally find tennis boring af but that doesn't matter. Because it's about an athlete who things he can evade the rules by falsely declaring he would be exempt.

Chromatic

Not a tennis fan, and, don’t have an view on Djokovic as a person, but, nice to see the Australians have the balls to enforce their rules. Hopefully, they will not weaken.
I feel they already have, you or I would have not been allowed an appeal and we'd have been put on the next plane home.

One for Stewart Lee's Pedal Bin....
Agreed. Apparently he's no charmer like Federer, Nadal etc. . The more I read, the more pies short of a picnic he seems to be. But, he's clearly successful, so it's working for him.
But how can you not get the basics for entering the country right? Sheer arrogance?
Also, if I was denied entry, how quickly could I get a judge to look at my case?
Still, it's a one rule for one and another for others world out there....

D

Deleted member 49

I feel they already have, you or I would have not been allowed an appeal and we'd have been put on the next plane home.

No idea about appeal mechanisms in Oz but as a general principle administrative action should be subject to Judicial oversight.

The fact he's got, with Tennis Australia, access to the best legal advice, and the money to pay for it makes a difference.

Australia is due an election soon and various Ministers including the PM have butted in might affect decision making. There also seems to be a rub between the Victoria State government's role and that of the Commonwealth (i.e. Federal) authorities.

matticus

Guru

Top Bottom